Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 14, 2011, 10:26:55 PM
The guy that Conservatives harped on for a year, and nobody else ever heard of or cared?  Was he actually a Marxist?

That's the guy. 

Yes.

Ideologue

So?  Why do Republicans get to have theocrats and they don't (in some people's minds) reflect upon all Republicans, but Democrats aren't allowed to have Marxists?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2011, 10:28:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 14, 2011, 10:26:55 PM
The guy that Conservatives harped on for a year, and nobody else ever heard of or cared?  Was he actually a Marxist?

That's the guy. 

Yes.

Was he a Marxist when Obama hired him?  I mean, Buckley hired a Marxist for the National Review.  A spy to boot.  George W. Bush gave the presidential Medal of Freedom to a former communist, Irving Kristol.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on November 14, 2011, 10:38:08 PM
So?  Why do Republicans get to have theocrats and they don't (in some people's minds) reflect upon all Republicans, but Democrats aren't allowed to have Marxists?
Because Marxism is pretty much the worst thing imaginable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 14, 2011, 10:44:52 PM
Because Marxism is pretty much the worst thing imaginable.

I can think of worse things.  Nazis, WWI, anime, Martinus.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Democrats are allowed to have Marxists.  Who said they aren't?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2011, 11:28:16 PM

Democrats are allowed to have Marxists.  Who said they aren't?

Glen Beck.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2011, 01:34:55 AM
Glen Beck.

Glen Beck doesn't have any power over who Obama selects for his administration.

Ideologue

My point is that a Marxist associated with a Democratic politician is seen as scandalous, whereas a Dominionist associated with a Republican would be less so.

Maybe it's just that the latter is to be expected.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on November 15, 2011, 01:38:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 15, 2011, 01:34:55 AM
Glen Beck.

Glenn Beck thinks Democrats are Marxists.

Well, I was to understand that Obama let the guy go due in some part to shrieking of Glen Beck and other righties going on about him being a Marxist.

garbon

So now the police raided both Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Oakland. I wonder where the protests will go from here...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 09:28:17 AM
So now the police raided both Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Oakland. I wonder where the protests will go from here...

Someday perhaps democracy will come to the USA. Just not yet.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 15, 2011, 09:34:48 AM

I hope that we're never in a place where democracy = shantytowns.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2011, 09:37:21 AM
Quote from: Josephus on November 15, 2011, 09:34:48 AM

I hope that we're never in a place where democracy = shantytowns.

Then don't vote Republican.
Kinemalogue