News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

Started by Cerr, September 29, 2011, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

4 (21.1%)
2 (10.5%)
2 (10.5%)
3 (15.8%)
3 (15.8%)
1 (5.3%)
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Cerr

Josquius

The idea of a euroskeptic eurovision winner makes me giggle.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Cerr on September 29, 2011, 06:17:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 29, 2011, 06:11:08 AM
I voted #4, he looks like True IRA to me.

Or is it Reall IRA? :unsure:
Provisional IRA.

No, not that one. The other one, those that rejects the accords. McKevitt's thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

I voted for Mary Davis btw, looks like a safe pair of hands, but is she?

Admiral Yi

Helen Mirren is very sweet looking, but she has to be some kind of no blood for land mines nutter.  I wouldn't wish #2 on my worst enemy.  The professional wrestler is right out. 

That leaves the gray haired suit, #5.

Everybody should be commended for their very nice skin however.

Cerr

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 06:37:34 AM
I voted for Mary Davis btw, looks like a safe pair of hands, but is she?
I don't know too much about her tbh. I imagine she would be a fairly safe but dull President.
But I can't bring myself to help vote in the third Mary in a row as President.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cerr

Malthus

Not one of them looks like the Lucky Charms mascot.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Cerr on September 29, 2011, 09:14:14 AM
She's ineligible.

Do you have to be a natural born citizen of Ireland to run?  Or can you be a Kenyan Muslim?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Guy #2 looks like a Notre Dame fan so I voted for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

David Cameron.

Perhaps my troll will work here.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Cerr

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 09:20:20 AM
Quote from: Cerr on September 29, 2011, 09:14:14 AM
She's ineligible.

Do you have to be a natural born citizen of Ireland to run?  Or can you be a Kenyan Muslim?
They need to be an Irish citizen (I don't think it matters if they're natural born or not) aged 35 or more.

They also need to get nominated by 20 members of the Oireachtas or 4 city/county councils.

Richard Hakluyt

That would make a lot of British people eligible, they would just need the one Irish grandparent and take Irish citizenship.

In fact.........gasp!.............I think it means that CdM is eligible if he takes up Irish citizenship  :cool:

Drakken

Presidents of Ireland are useless rubber-stampers, it seems, so any of them or the chair would accomplish the same.