Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

Started by Cerr, September 29, 2011, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote for President of Ireland?

4 (21.1%)
2 (10.5%)
2 (10.5%)
3 (15.8%)
3 (15.8%)
1 (5.3%)
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 09:40:08 AM
In fact.........gasp!.............I think it means that CdM is eligible if he takes up Irish citizenship  :cool:

Heh I doubt his family are that recent of immigrants.  My Irish ancestors came over fairly late and I am fourth generation.  Donnegal County represent!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 12:13:58 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 09:40:08 AM
In fact.........gasp!.............I think it means that CdM is eligible if he takes up Irish citizenship  :cool:

Heh I doubt his family are that recent of immigrants.  My Irish ancestors came over fairly late and I am fourth generation.  Donnegal County represent!

Ulster County here. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 12:24:39 PM

Ditto. From what I've heard, the American branch of the family originally came over due to some drama involving nail bats colliding with catholic heads in a pub. The people involved are all dead now, so I can't get any details.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt

tsk tsk Beeb, Ulster is a province not a county, it has 9 counties and only 6 of them are in Northern Ireland.

Barrister

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 12:32:23 PM
tsk tsk Beeb, Ulster is a province not a county, it has 9 counties and only 6 of them are in Northern Ireland.

:Embarrass:

I don't know which county though, though I'm pretty sure they came from Ulster itself.

Richard Hakluyt

Since we are sharing, my wife's Irish half were catholics from Newry, which is on the county Down and Armagh border.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ideologue

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 12:32:23 PM

It's a geographical region.  :angry: The name of the country which takes up most of it is Northern Ireland.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on September 29, 2011, 01:15:03 PM
It's a geographical region.  :angry: The name of the country which takes up most of it is Northern Ireland.

It is a province...there are five traditional provinces of Ireland.  Though Leinster appears to have eaten Meath at some point so now there are four I guess.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:27:41 PM
Though Leinster appears to have eaten Meath at some point so now there are four I guess.

The King of England did that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 12:33:19 PM

Donnegal is in Ulster Beeb...the Republican part.

My ignorance or Irish geography has already been exposed - why do you continue to taunt me? :weep:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 01:33:47 PM
My ignorance or Irish geography has already been exposed - why do you continue to taunt me? :weep:

Just letting you know our ancestors were neighbors.  Maybe it is why we look so much alike...maybe we are related *cue scary music*

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 01:33:47 PM

Just letting you know our ancestors were neighbors.  Maybe it is why we look so much alike...maybe we are related *cue scary music*

I'm pretty sure the Cathcarts wouldn't be caught dead fraternizing with papists.  It was bad enough my mother married a Uke in the 70s (well no, not really).

Grey Fox

Holy hell! Caliga could do the research, quick feed him your ancestors information.

I have Irish ancestors, no idea from where.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.