News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

So, I had a dream that I was living in an apartment that was just one very, very large room.  I mean, there was a kitchen, and a large living room, and a really big rec room, and several bedrooms, but there were no actual walls or even partitions separating them.  There were closets that had regular walls around them and doors to them;  I'm not actually sure any bathroom(s).  Anyway, I had a wargame (I think it was Fire in the East) set up in the rec room part, but all the light bulbs in the apartment started burning out, and I didn't have any light bulbs on hand to replace them.  Fairly quickly I was down to just one tiny lamp with a 40-watt bulb to light this huge living space, but I found a candle to light.  Well, one little emergency candle didn't help much, and then just a few moments after I lit it, it turned into a snake.  Somehow I knew that it was a very poisonous snake, and I was terrified of it even though it was only about 4 inches long.  But I knew I could freeze it and then safely dispose of it if I sprayed it with a fire extinguisher, so I started looking through the closets for fire extinguishers.  Why fire extinguishers would be kept in the closets, I don't know.  Interestingly, I even questioned that within the dream.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2011, 03:46:50 AM
I had a dream that a Russian girl I dated in DC was now working for the KGB and had been assigned to seduce me.  She seduced me by making me feel sorry for how fat she was now. Then her boss Vladimir Putin, who looked just like Rick Perry, asked to borrow some of my neckties.

This is interesting in light of recent events.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Raz, how frequently do you read through 5 year old posts.  :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2018, 11:20:17 PM

He has a database I think

Valmy

I don't know.  A KGB honeypot seducing Yi into a pity-fuck on behalf of Rick Perry is something worthy of being remembered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Damage Per Second bumped the thread.  I looked at the beginning of the thread to see if there was any weird dreams I remember.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2017, 03:47:05 AM
You know what kind of dreams can go get fucked? Getting lost. I get these eevry couple of weeks or months or so:

It usually starts in an environment that - in the dream - I should know, or at least feel familiar with. A small town of some sort, mostly, though the context can change (private, work related etc.). In the dream I find that I have a good "mental map" of the place and know it by heart. I go wandering a bit, but when it's time to return (to get on with a journey, to meet an appointment or whatever) I end up not quite finding the way. I feel I get close, but not really, and end up wandering around like a moron.

I don't panic, bust mostly get annoyed with myself. Additionally, I refuse to ask for directions and instead insist on finding he way on my own, "because I know how to get there" and want to figure this out for myself.

Last night I actually had a dream where I might have gotten lost, but I used a navigation app and found my way. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2018, 08:43:45 AM

Damage Per Second bumped the thread.  I looked at the beginning of the thread to see if there was any weird dreams I remember.

Derspiess actually.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Last night I had a dream I was hastily assigned to teach a 100-level college Math class. I was totally unprepared, so on the first day of class I borrowed a syllabus from a buddy of mine who is an English prof. Nobody seemed to notice.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Weird dream woke me up last night.

I dreamt that my body dissolved into thoughts, and each thought was an ant. The ants were building a nest on my pillow out of garbage they found lying around, in the shape of a giant ant head. Meanwhile, my wife was trying to catch the ants in a jar, to force them to combine into me again.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2019, 09:06:16 AM

I dreamt that my body dissolved into thoughts, and each thought was an ant. The ants were building a nest on my pillow out of garbage they found lying around, in the shape of a giant ant head. Meanwhile, my wife was trying to catch the ants in a jar, to force them to combine into me again.

You fear married life is dissolving your personality?

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on March 08, 2019, 09:09:46 AM

You fear married life is dissolving your personality?

:P

Isn't it the opposite, Mr. Freud?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

You have been having unpure thoughts about a women not your wife and your subconscious is warning you about what would happen if you no longer had your wife around.  The good news is she would still try to save you.  So, worth a shot?

Admiral Yi

I had a dream last night in which I boxed Donald Trump.  It took place in a ranch home.  Most of the dream was preamble, him gaming me and trying to distract me, but eventually we got laced up and squared off.  Then the gloves magically disappeared.  In the dream he was cut up, nice sixpack, and was considerably taller than me (though I'm 6'1") and had a reach advantage.  Still managed to get some good head shots in and he didn't touch me.  He might not have taken a swing.  After about six of my punches we both fell on the floor exhausted.  Then we shook hands and congratulated each other on a good fight.

derspiess

I had a dream last night I was in some Palestinian Authority area with my son and we stopped to eat at some halal food truck that served non-alcoholic craft beer (IPA, Amber, and "German lager") and what turned out to be some really tasty paninis.  My son's panini had ham in it but neither of us dared say anything.  The beer definitely tasted like it had alcohol in it, and the people working there got really nervous when I told them so.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall