News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I had an odd dream last night.

I only remember part of it clearly. I was in a parked van. The van's ceiling was made of tent-cloth and painted with a seemingly impressionistic random design. I pulled on some ropes, which raised the ceiling into a tent - and the random designs became a beautiful mosaic rendering of the Passion of Christ. However, I could only see it if I kept pulling on the ropes, and it was really tough - I had to strain every nerve. I went out of the van to get my kid. I wanted to show him the pattern, but when I pulled on the ropes they came loose. Then he pulled on the ropes, and said 'this is really cool' - but this time, the ceiling was a sculpture of dinosaurs.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 03, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
I had an odd dream last night.

I only remember part of it clearly. I was in a parked van. The van's ceiling was made of tent-cloth and painted with a seemingly impressionistic random design. I pulled on some ropes, which raised the ceiling into a tent - and the random designs became a beautiful mosaic rendering of the Passion of Christ. However, I could only see it if I kept pulling on the ropes, and it was really tough - I had to strain every nerve. I went out of the van to get my kid. I wanted to show him the pattern, but when I pulled on the ropes they came loose. Then he pulled on the ropes, and said 'this is really cool' - but this time, the ceiling was a sculpture of dinosaurs.

Life is what you make of it

Darth Wagtaros

Last week I dreampt that the Muppets were in the Oval Office with the lady president from INdepdence Day and the Muppets were raping people on national television while the president cheered. :(
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 08, 2016, 02:38:03 PM
Last week I dreampt that the Muppets were in the Oval Office with the lady president from INdepdence Day and the Muppets were raping people on national television while the president cheered. :(

It's time to stop taking hits of peyote right before bedtime IMO.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

I had one that woke me up this morning (like 3 minutes before my alarm went off  <_< ) about being in a plane crash.  It was weird, we were flying into some dream airport and looking out the window, there was another plane RIGHT next to us with people like...looking out the windows at us/me.  Close enough that IRL the planes would be touching in some places.  Anyway, so we're landing, but the approach is between buildings (flying like the damn Blue Angels the whole way), then they have to like...jump...to the left right after the last building in order to line up with the runway. 

So the plane lurches over to the side, then just drops down onto the runway, then suddenly I'm like, looking straight ahead over a blue/yellow artificial horizon at a bigass wall straight ahead of us (E: it was like the racing video games where you can change the view so there's nothing in front of you, just with that one instrument), with the runway lines passing below me.  We can't stop, so we just go into it with everyone acting totally normal, and then I woke up with a serious case of the WTFs and remembering just about all of it.

:unsure:  Weird shit man.

Admiral Yi

Just woke up from a very vivid and long dream.

I'm visiting the Harvard campus, possibly in connection with some kind of job interview.  I'm eating lunch with a bunch of people on tables outside.  The president, who is a black man, is at my table.  Then a big fire breaks out in one of the school buildings, but this turns out to be a red herring.

I and some other Harvard people end up on a boat, like one of those glass topped observation boats you take scenic city tours in.  The boat gets hijacked by Cambridge townies, who are angry because Harvard has been dumping some toxin, like dioxin or something, into the water, and all the locals have been getting sick and developing deformities.  One guy with stumps for legs gets up in my lap and digs his very pointy stumps into my legs.

They yell at us, and tell me they're going to kill me.  I get to make one last phone call.  I pull out my little phone number book, show it to a cute little townie girl, and she runs away with it, buying me a temporary reprieve.  Then one townie terrorist says "hey, these people are not so bad."  Everyone else agrees, so they let us all go.

The end.

Syt

You know what kind of dreams can go get fucked? Getting lost. I get these eevry couple of weeks or months or so:

It usually starts in an environment that - in the dream - I should know, or at least feel familiar with. A small town of some sort, mostly, though the context can change (private, work related etc.). In the dream I find that I have a good "mental map" of the place and know it by heart. I go wandering a bit, but when it's time to return (to get on with a journey, to meet an appointment or whatever) I end up not quite finding the way. I feel I get close, but not really, and end up wandering around like a moron.

I don't panic, bust mostly get annoyed with myself. Additionally, I refuse to ask for directions and instead insist on finding he way on my own, "because I know how to get there" and want to figure this out for myself.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

I dreamt I was a moth. This particular moth was blind and flying, so it was quite disconcerting. On the other hand there was lots of information coming through my antennae which was hard to interpret, what with me not really being a moth and hence not used to it. I think I was flying along some clifftops with scattered trees, grass and flowers; but I may just have been circling a lightbulb..........it is hard to say  :hmm:

celedhring

Second leg of the Bayern-Real Madrid UCL semifinal. Santiago Bernabéu.

I'm a steward, standing near the Bayern goal in the dying minutes of the second half. Result is 0-0 which gets Real Madrid through. In the distance, I can see Bayern throwing everything at Real Madrid's goal, although I can't really see the action. Suddenly, a commotion in the stadium. Goal! Bayern have scored! I jump in celebration and run to hug Manuel Neuer, who hugs me back. But Real Madrid make a quick kick-off and Cristiano Ronaldo tries his luck from midfield. Neuer - still distracted by me - isn't unable to run back to the goal and Madrid score. They are through, and it's my fault.  :(

But the nightmare doesn't end up here. Ronaldo runs to celebrate to the stands near Bayern's goal, taking off his shirt, muscles glistening. Suddenly, he takes notice of me. I congratulate him, with pained voice. He watches me and says "remember you have to name your son after me".

Then I woke up, sweating.

Duque de Bragança

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 16, 2017, 05:11:48 AM
I dreamt I was a moth. This particular moth was blind and flying, so it was quite disconcerting. On the other hand there was lots of information coming through my antennae which was hard to interpret, what with me not really being a moth and hence not used to it. I think I was flying along some clifftops with scattered trees, grass and flowers; but I may just have been circling a lightbulb..........it is hard to say  :hmm:

I don't need to ask, do I?

[spoiler]What have you been smoking?  :D[/spoiler]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

I had a rather vivid dream last night I was at some sort of outdoor event, and Kurt Cobain was eating a plate of wings at my table.  I was trying to get on his good side, so when Courtney Love showed up I started telling him how one day she would be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame :huh:

I'm such a kiss-ass sometimes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I was hanging out with an old college girl friend, when Shaquille O'Neil showed up with a big OJ-style posse.  Shaq shook my hand (he knew my name too) and said, "sorry, but we're going to steal your girl friend."  I met up with her later and she told me how she had been really into this slimy real estate developer type in the posse.  It was very depressing.

PDH

Don't mess with the Diesel.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM