News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I have a rather embarrassing one, which I'm not sure I should post.

Eddie Teach

I had a dream that celedhring posted his dream, and it was about vampire stripper ponies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Admiral Yi

What a loser.  Let's beat him up.

celedhring

Ah what the hell. I'm going to regret this.

So, there's these two girls I'm seeing, and I have been pondering for some time if I should go serious with one of them. I like them both quite a lot, but for reasons I'm not ready to divulge, turning it serious would have some consequences. But well, there's the matter about which one should I try it with.

So I had this dream where we were amidst a Zombie Apocalypse, and me and these two girls were among the survivors. We were crossing some strange industrial/abandoned area, with lots of fences and abandoned buildings. The zombies attacked us several times; one of the girls was quite capable of fending them on her own, while I had to protect the other one a lot, she was paralyzed by fear the whole time. The dream finished before we got to our destination.

Pretty sure this has some deeper meaning besides the fact I'm a mug?

Admiral Yi

It's the classic anthropological choice between the high estrogen mate that will bring you status in a resource rich world, or the high testosterone mate that will help you survive in a resource scarce one.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2014, 11:16:44 AM
It's the classic anthropological choice between the high estrogen mate that will bring you status in a resource rich world, or the high testosterone mate that will help you survive in a resource scarce one.

Probably, their attitudes in the dream reflect their positions in real life; one has a high-earning job in the financial industry, while the other is an artsy girl without a stable job (but she's way hotter).

derspiess

I had a dream some friends & I were driving back from dinner and we were split up into three cars.  My best friend was driving a couple cars ahead of me and some of our other friends were driving in the car behind me and for some reason my daughter was in the car with them instead of in my car (which was empty except for me).

We stopped at an intersection and a big gunfight erupted between some cops and the guys in the car just in front of me.  And it was a bloodbath.  More cops appeared and but every time you looked around there were more criminals firing back at them.  The criminals' numbers finally won out.  I got out of my car but couldn't decide whether to run forward to help my buddy get out of the area or run back to see how my daughter an the others were doing.  Finally forced myself to wake up to avoid having to make the decision. 

All very vivid & real, except that the gunshots made a softer "pop" rather than the deafening bang that they should have made.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

So it seems 90% of nightmares I get for some time now are about home invasion. Any idea what that could mean?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on December 16, 2014, 03:08:57 AM
So it seems 90% of nightmares I get for some time now are about home invasion. Any idea what that could mean?

You're afraid of Russian tanks driving into Poland.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

I was gonna make a comment on anal sex, but that would be too lo brow.
PDH!

Martinus

Ok, I had a really strange dream this morning - although not in terms of the content/narrative but my thought process.

I was at some sort of a meeting/gala/event - wood panelled walls, people in suits etc. I walked to the nearest guest and noticed he had tentacles in place of his face - and when I approached these tentacles sorta lunged to grab at me. I then started to notice that other guests are also "monstrous" - I felt mildly uncomfortable but not in a really serious way, not panicky etc.

And then I thought "I think I should wake up now. This is clearly a dream and the situation is probably going to deteriorate into nightmare, and I will have a bad time."

But I couldn't.

Then I thought "Hmm, serves me right for kicking my cat out of my bedroom earlier in the night. Now he would have probably jumped on my pillow and woken me up." (He does that occasionally - sometimes when I am having bad dreams  :ph34r: )

Then I walked to a window in the room and saw that we are high, some 20 or 30 stories about ground (tall, windowless, concrete building, with concrete far down in the street). So I stepped out and thought.

"Ok, I guess I will jump out. Once I hit the ground I will wake up."

And I jumped.

As I was falling I had a thought. "Hmm, what if this is not a dream and I just jumped out of the window? Then I will die, surely."

And then I hit the ground and woke up.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger, school disipline officer. Bad kids go to hell, courtesy of two shots from a silenced 9mm.

BEST DREAM EVER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

One of these days I'm going to try to log in, but won't be able to do so and only get a message "This site is closed pending a federal investigation".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 04, 2015, 08:38:29 AM
One of these days I'm going to try to log in, but won't be able to do so and only get a message "This site is closed pending a federal investigation".
Is there a federal law against silencers?