News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

So today's weird dream featured a couple languishites, so thought I had to share.

Sheilbh had invited me to some kind of winter holiday festival at some big British law school. It was held in an old, Howartsy stone hall. Minsky was also there. Actually, for some reason a lot of attendees were Jewish lawyers.

I was kinda afraid of being found out, since I didn't belong. But the people - in spite of being lawyers - were all quite nice. The catering was delicious.

The event began with a game where one of the students at the school dressed up as the Sars-CoV-2 virus and the others had to chase him around with brooms. I was a bit shocked at the viciousness of it, but Sheilbh told me this was a storied local tradition.

Then it was time for the Queen and Prince William to give a speech. However, William asked permission from the Queen to go fetch his hat, since his bald head was really cold. The Queen scolded him with the mike open, saying he should have thought of that before and now he had to go and give the bloody speech. Everybody laughed. William was embarrassed. Sheilbh wasn't around to hear that though, and I felt I had to tell him but I couldn't find him in the crowd. And then I thought "well, I'll just post it on the forum". And I woke up.

Eddie Teach

Malthus and Lemonjello: SNUBBED
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 08, 2021, 09:52:30 AM
Malthus and Lemonjello: SNUBBED

Incidentally in the dream both Sheilbh looked like David Bowie and Minsky like Charles Ponzi, one of the reasons for Malthus' snub might be that his avatar doesn't really translate to a face  :lol:

I had another weird one today. I'm quite stressed these past days and when that happens I usually have lots of strange dreams.

Barrister

Not sure quite was happening in my dream, but I think we were playing a baseball-ish game or something (not even sure who "we" was).

But I had to interrupt the game to say "where is that bird making all that noise"?  So "we" looked around, found a bird nest on the roof of a nearby building.

Then sure enough my alarm goes off.

First thing I hear is the birds outside singing the same tune that I heard in my dream.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Strippers, walking in the rain, the Burneys, and a gigantic Asian family.

I think most people who have recounted their dreams understand that they are boring and pointless to other people.  I'm not trying to entertain.  It's just that this dream was so intense I need to get it off my chest to decompress and process.

I've spent a lot of time in strip clubs.  One of my live in girl friends was a stripper, and I've hung out socially with a couple more.  That's context.

So I'm walking down the street and I meet up with two ladies that I somehow know are connected to the world of stripping.  They could be waitresses.  We start walking together, possibly to their place of work?  It starts to pour rain, and it's dark, and we are not sure of the way so we have to keep asking directions.  This goes on for a long time.  At one point I carry the cuter of the two on my back.  She's wearing a short skirt and my hand holding her thighs is distinctly erotic.

More context.  Growing up in Korea I was friends with the two oldest Burney brothers.  Their dad was the Canadian ambassador to Korea.  I remember me and some other guys would go to their house, spend the night, and drink up dad's official diplomatic booze supply.  We always drank Mateus rose wine for some reason.  Burney senior later became foreign minister and was instrumental in the negotiation of NAFTA.  My brush with history.

Back to the dream, at some point we get to a house and I think it's mine and I say let's go inside and get dried off.  The ladies turn on the TV, and I start making some toast.  Then I hear a voice on some kind of house intercom saying to please turn down the volume.  That freaks me out, because why is someone telling me to be quiet in my own place?  Then in a tumble of realization it comes to me that this is the Burney house (though it's different than their house in Korea), that at some point me (and maybe my family?) had been allowed to house sit, and that I've blundered into it when I shouldn't have.

Then things get really weird.

For a flitting second one of the younger Burney kids (not one of the two I hung out with) shows up.  But he dissolves pretty quickly and is replaced by a bunch of Asians.  I understand in the dream they are a family.  One starts yelling at me for using his bread to make my toast.  This family keeps multiplying.   I walk to a new room and there are like four more family members there, all angry at me for unspecified wrongdoings.  The two ladies I came in with are hustled off into the pouring rain.  At that point I am so overwhelmed with guilt, shame, and feeling ridiculous that I start sobbing uncontrollably, holding the oldest member of the Asian family, who might be the mom or might be the oldest sister.  She takes pity on me and walks me out, and says to me don't worry, we'll smoke a joint on the way out.  Then someone inside calls me back inside and shows me some articles of clothing that one of the stripper ladies (I think  the less cute one) left their by accident.  A vinyl skirt, a big belt, and some lace gloves.  I can tell they are judging me for associating with strippers.  Then I wake up, take a deep breath, and say out loud, "WHOA, THAT WAS INTENSE."

I think that was the most intense emotional reaction I've ever had in a dream.

celedhring

I just dreamt that a friend of mine won the gold medal in the Olympics for technical drawing.

Spain could use a few more medals, even if oneiric.  :hmm:

Josquius

I woke up being genuinely unsure if a tram had been built nearby.
Though I can't remember any original dream last night with anything to do with this.
I think I've had an alternate timeline slip
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on August 11, 2021, 09:08:03 AM
I woke up being genuinely unsure if a tram had been built nearby.
Though I can't remember any original dream last night with anything to do with this.
I think I've had an alternate timeline slip

Agents on are on there way to fix this little episode.  Soon you will not remember a thing.  Everyone seeing this will have to be purged.  But, meh, Languish is dying anyway.

celedhring

So, another stressful time, more strange dreams  :lol:

I was interviewing with a showrunner to join the writing team of her show - a big budget puppet lawyer show (yes). The woman was a redhead, although I wasn't attracted to her in the dream, it was purely a professional setting.

Anyway, the interview seems to go well, she's looking at my resume and sees that I've worked both in a lawyer and a puppet show, so I fit the profile. Anyway, she says she needs to ask me a very important question: "When you take notes in meetings, do you use a pen or a pencil?"

I feel like this is a trick question, and for some weird reason, even though in real life I use pen, in the dream I say "pencil".

The woman then stands up from the chair, angry. She says she can't work with somebody that takes notes with a pencil. I apologize, even though I can't understand what's so bad about it, but she doesn't budge, she asks me to leave the room. Then I woke up.

celedhring

This one is PG  :D

Again, lots of stress lately, which in me translates to lots of strange dreams.

This time, I was selected to be the goalie for the Spanish Olympic team. However, for some reason, the final was played in a narrow back alley. Apparently the rivals - England - were the hosts and this venue favored their preferred direct physical style.

I told the coach that I haven't played in over a decade, and that I have a bobbly knee, but he told me to go out there and honor my country. However, once out there, I did quite well. I was focused. Lots of big saves. The English squad was quite old-school, I had a pretty nasty run-in with Vinnie Jones, whom I kicked in the shin when he was through on goal (the referee refused the penalty appeals).  We won 1-0, although I woke up before the medal ceremony  :(

Great dream, I had a blast in it. It's made me want to play some football again.

jimmy olsen

Just noticed this thread again.

Had a dream back in February where I was young again. Teens or twenties. Running from the cops at first. Helicopters in the air. Then zombie apocalypse. Only saved by my power to turn dogs into living stone statues and to enlarge them to make them big enough for me to ride on.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

My wife and I are traveling through Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  We stop in Munising at a bed and breakfast which is run by... :unsure: James Joyce :unsure:.

(He ran a very nice inn; in case you were curious.  It was neat and very tastefully decorated.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2023, 04:40:13 AMSo, another stressful time, more strange dreams  :lol:

I was interviewing with a showrunner to join the writing team of her show - a big budget puppet lawyer show (yes). The woman was a redhead, although I wasn't attracted to her in the dream, it was purely a professional setting.

Anyway, the interview seems to go well, she's looking at my resume and sees that I've worked both in a lawyer and a puppet show, so I fit the profile. Anyway, she says she needs to ask me a very important question: "When you take notes in meetings, do you use a pen or a pencil?"

I feel like this is a trick question, and for some weird reason, even though in real life I use pen, in the dream I say "pencil".

The woman then stands up from the chair, angry. She says she can't work with somebody that takes notes with a pencil. I apologize, even though I can't understand what's so bad about it, but she doesn't budge, she asks me to leave the room. Then I woke up.

Your subconscious is telling you that you should stop telling little lies.  :D

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PMYour subconscious is telling you that you should stop telling little lies.  :D

Yeah, telling us that you weren't attracted to a redhead is an obvious lie.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2023, 01:51:04 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PMYour subconscious is telling you that you should stop telling little lies.  :D

Yeah, telling us that you weren't attracted to a redhead is an obvious lie.

:lol: