France's burqa ban: women are 'effectively under house arrest'

Started by jimmy olsen, September 25, 2011, 05:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2011, 09:25:48 PM

Yeah that is not true for people under 30.  As the old farts who came up under the old way of doing things retire that will change.

But um that is not Capitals fault, that was a societal issue.

Capital and the society it produces are inseparable.   :swiss:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on September 26, 2011, 05:36:42 PM
Immigrants that cannot or will not adapt and integrate to their new country should go back to wherever they came from.

Keep that in mind when listening to a chaplain orating.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 26, 2011, 08:42:11 PM
Capital and the society it produces are inseparable.   :swiss:

And you think our society is becoming more sexist as we embrace liberal values and Capitalism?  Do facts really support that assertion?  I mean without Liberal Democracy how could we have even passed the laws we have now that try to prevent discrimination?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Quote from: Zoupa on September 25, 2011, 09:49:13 PM
I didn't read the whole article.

If those people are not happy about the law, they have many a ways to go about it. One of them is convincing friends and politicians that they are wrong, then voting for these politicians.

Another way is leaving the country that oppresses you so.

Just to clarify, I think that law is dumb. It's clearly aimed at a certain ethnic/religious group, is unenforcable (is that a word?) and it reeks of pandering to far-right undercurrents.

If the government can prove with a commission or some sort of study that hiding your face in public is a threat to society, then sure, rip those rags off their faces.