And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3

Started by Grey Fox, September 23, 2011, 06:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 08:01:49 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 07:56:03 AM
Dear ESPN, The Cowgirls & the Blueskins might have a a great & fun rivalry once upon a time but it isn't the case anymore. No more of this crap on Monday nite, alright?
Monday Night Football has really suffered since the big game moved to Sunday night.

True but even Sunday Night is stuck in the past sometime.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Dear ESPN, The Cowgirls & the Blueskins might have a a great & fun rivalry once upon a time but it isn't the case anymore. No more of this crap on Monday nite, alright?

The nation still loves the Cowgirls and considers them 'America's Team'.  Because it seems America loves really shitty football teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 08:06:22 AM
Monday Night Football has really suffered since the big game moved to Sunday night.
They prefer to put bandwagon teams on there, to be sure, but that's also a product of having to schedule in advance.  When they scheduled it at the beginning of the year, they thought that Colts and Steelers would be a competitive game with two elite teams.  And then Manning was out for the year and the Steelers were revealed to be shitty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 08:25:53 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 08:06:22 AM
They prefer to put bandwagon teams on there, to be sure, but that's also a product of having to schedule in advance.  When they scheduled it at the beginning of the year, they thought that Colts and Steelers would be a competitive game with two elite teams.  And then Manning was out for the year and the Steelers were revealed to be shitty.

I was just going to say this.  The Sunday nighter is good because NBC can pick a couple weeks in advance who they want to play at night, so its usually an interesting game.  But MNF, by scheduling a year in advance, has to guess at what might be interesting, and they frequently get it wrong.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I'm glad I went to bed early.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 08:00:16 AM
Yeah, but it was supposed to be different.  The Redskins were playing fairly well, and had a tough defence, whereas the Cowboys had no offensive line worth of the name, no wide receivers that belong in the NFL, no running game and a gimpy QB.  Even if you expected the Sex Cannon to ruin the game, you still have to be a little disappointed.
Eh good Romo showed up.  It happens.
There wasn't anything all that impressive.  Him and Grossman had pretty much identical stat lines.  I guess he must have been a little bit good, since every other player on the offensive side of the Cowboys is a total scrub.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 08:35:59 AM
I guess he must have been a little bit good, since every other player on the offensive side of the Cowboys is a total scrub.

This.  The Cowgirls would have been shut out if not for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2011, 04:19:09 PM
Yeah, a safety was scored, and that's usually the sign of a defensive struggle.

To be fair, the 49ers punter ran out of the endzone intentionally to run time off the clock.  Doing so left just 2 seconds for the ensuing free kick-- i.e., no chance of an offensive play for the Bengals.  I never liked that tactic but it was a smart move to put the final nail in the coffin in this case.

QuoteThe Bengals are going to have to lean mightily on their defence, because Dalton isn't going to produce shit, especially with their best receivers out or nicked up. 

If Dalton comes out shaky Sunday & throws more INTs, they really need to think about putting Gradkowski in.  The Bills defense can be scored on-- unless you're the Chiefs.

QuoteAs for the 49ers, they remind me of the Boller-era Ravens, only Alex Smith doesn't have anywhere near the talent or ability to execute that Boller has, and the defence isn't quite up to that level.  Still, the 49ers could actually make the playoffs, since Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona are also bad.

They have a solid run defense & talented defensive backs.  They'll win the division with their defense & it probably won't even be a close race.

QuoteOne wonders:  Has there ever been another division as completely worthless as the NFC West has been since Kurt Warner left Arizona?

They managed to pull a stunt I never thought I'd see: a team with a losing record making the playoffs. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 08:39:48 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 08:35:59 AM
I guess he must have been a little bit good, since every other player on the offensive side of the Cowboys is a total scrub.

This.  The Cowgirls would have been shut out if not for him.

The Cowboys would have been shut out if not for their kicker.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on September 27, 2011, 10:05:40 AM
The Cowboys would have been shut out if not for their kicker.

Well yes him to.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on September 27, 2011, 09:58:45 AM
They managed to pull a stunt I never thought I'd see: a team with a losing record making the playoffs.

And getting a home playoff game out of the deal, and upsetting the defending champs. :lol:

jimmy olsen

I've average 90 points a week and am 0-3 <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2011, 10:09:47 AM
I've average 90 points a week and am 0-3 <_<

How to make averages look good. You've had 2 sub-par weeks of 80 points & 1 week of scoring 112 points but losing to Kenny Britt's career day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

To be fair, the 49ers punter ran out of the endzone intentionally to run time off the clock.  Doing so left just 2 seconds for the ensuing free kick-- i.e., no chance of an offensive play for the Bengals.  I never liked that tactic but it was a smart move to put the final nail in the coffin in this case.
It doesn't bother me so much, but maybe I'm more used to it since giving up a safety in exchange for field position in the kicking game is pretty common in the CFL.
QuoteIf Dalton comes out shaky Sunday & throws more INTs, they really need to think about putting Gradkowski in.  The Bills defense can be scored on-- unless you're the Chiefs.
:lol:  Poor Chiefs.  And then they lose to the Chargers, of all teams.  I wondered why they didn't put Grad in there from day one.  I know Dalton is allegedly the Chosen One, but Gradkowski has a lot of experience doing something with not very much.  Still, the Bengals D should be able to help out a bit, unlike the tissue paper D they have in New England.  The Bengals have a chance, at least.
QuoteThey have a solid run defense & talented defensive backs.  They'll win the division with their defense & it probably won't even be a close race.
Yeah, and Willis is a beast.  The only team in that division that might be able to do anything against them are the Cardinals, but I doubt them pretty hard.  They're just missing too many of the players from that opportunistic defence that almost won the Superbowl, and the reason that Kolb was a backup for all those years is that he's inconsistent.  How a team can look at him and see The Answer makes me scratch my head.  The Rams and Seahawks might as well pack it in.  I feel bad for these guys having to play the AFC North this year.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on September 27, 2011, 10:06:52 AM
And getting a home playoff game out of the deal, and upsetting the defending champs. :lol:
Yeah, they sure shut up all the people saying that they didn't belong there.  And then they turn around and cut the best player on their team loose and replace him with a guy that's going to be out of the league in two or three years.