Cops charged with murder for beating mentally ill man to death

Started by jimmy olsen, September 21, 2011, 07:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 21, 2011, 08:15:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2011, 07:42:34 PM
Unless you take a Eugenist position that all mentally ill should die, I can't see how you can say that.
Surely an Eugenist postion would be to destroy the Turk and limit the power of France?

Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2011, 08:41:18 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 21, 2011, 08:20:04 PM
Fullerton - I used to live right next door in Placentia.  LA and Orange County cops are not known for being cuddly.
I recently read that the LAPD has reformed a lot and that the excessive force complaints have plunged in the last decade.

That's because, after a few decades, one simply stops complaining.

CountDeMoney

Quotethe incident that occurred while police were investigating reported vehicle break-ins at a transit hub.

And any cop that's bothered to put any amount of time in on the street knows damned well that homeless guys very, very rarely, if ever, commit break-ins or even crimes of any type in general.  Even the ones pan-handling usually have homes or are crashing at shelters, and do it as a scam.  Real street guys don't bother anybody, and usually just want to be left alone in their own unmedicated worlds.

These cops sound like they were just punks, and they need to go to jail.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 10:46:11 PM
I wonder if 11B4V will say they deserve to be executed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Habbaku

Related video doc on the case and the overall situation of cops and cameras :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7YFKm9gnKo

Warning for Tims, it's graphic at points.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 11:19:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 10:46:11 PM

You just don't get it, do you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2011, 11:35:56 PM
Related video doc on the case and the overall situation of cops and cameras :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O7YFKm9gnKo

Warning for Tims, it's graphic at points.

Great, now I should side with the Police.  Goddamn libertarians.  If we had universal healthcare the guy probably wouldn't have been on the street.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 11:39:44 PM
Great, now I should side with the Police.  Goddamn libertarians.  If we had universal healthcare the guy probably wouldn't have been on the street.

I'm sorry you don't have the attention-span to watch something 7 minutes long.  Fuckhead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2011, 11:46:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 11:39:44 PM

I'm sorry you don't have the attention-span to watch something 7 minutes long.  Fuckhead.

No, you nitwit.  I'm referring to who made the video.  Reason magazine guys.  Libertarians.  The situation of a schizophrenic living on the streets because he can't get medication is perfectly fine with them.  They took issue with the the government intervening.  Perhaps if he had been killed by private security guards they wouldn't mind so much.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 11:19:18 PM
Lame.

Are they convicted or just charged right now? Have they had their day(s) in court??
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 11:49:53 PM
No, you nitwit.  I'm referring to who made the video.  Reason magazine guys.  Libertarians.  The situation of a schizophrenic living on the streets because he can't get medication is perfectly fine with them.  They took issue with the the government intervening.  Perhaps if he had been killed by private security guards they wouldn't mind so much.

Once again, fuckhead, I'm sorry that your attention-span fails to allow you to go beyond the fact the video was made by people that are in the wrong tribe as you.  Maybe if you weren't so blinded by your ideology you might be able to avoid that.

-J. R. R. Tolkien