Cops charged with murder for beating mentally ill man to death

Started by jimmy olsen, September 21, 2011, 07:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on September 22, 2011, 07:51:48 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:51:15 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 11:19:18 PM
I wonder if 11B4V will say they deserve to be executed.
Lame.

Are they convicted or just charged right now? Have they had their day(s) in court??
Why lame?  If you support death penalty, you should seek it out for the case of these policemen, after a proper trial, of course.

You did not state after a trial. If they are convicted and the DP is sought depending on the convicted charges, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2011, 01:31:44 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 10:46:11 PM
These cops sound like they were just punks, and they need to go to jail.

Jail? I thought you would argue for a death penalty. What makes this case different from Troy Davis' one (except that here we can be more certain the murderer did it)?

A reasonable actor might assume shooting a guy twice, once in the heart and once in the head, will lead to death. However you would assume some guy tough enough to start a fight with 7 cops would be tough enough to survive a beat down.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on September 22, 2011, 07:51:48 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:51:15 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 11:19:18 PM
I wonder if 11B4V will say they deserve to be executed.
Lame.

Are they convicted or just charged right now? Have they had their day(s) in court??
Why lame?  If you support death penalty, you should seek it out for the case of these policemen, after a proper trial, of course.

QuoteFullerton Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one count each of second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the death of 37-year-old Kelly Thomas after a violent confrontation with officers on July 5, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said at a news conference.

Police Cpl. Jay Cicinelli was charged with one count each of involuntary manslaughter and excessive force.

But with those charges I highly doubt you'll see the DP.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: viper37 on September 22, 2011, 07:53:12 AM

Also, you may not have the intent of killing someone while shooting them.

If you shoot someone without intending to kill them, you're a moron.  "Shooting to wound" is a stupid, make-belive Hollywood concept.