News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

You know what I love about this thread? It just trivializes that scum bag as he should be.

Dude gets stuck
A talk about properly prepared steaks
Spam
and some cheap ass polish sausage.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Seriously, why all this bonus hate for a supposed cop killer?  Is this some silly brotherhood thing that every cop seems to suffer from? 

If you think about it, cop killers are least worthy of scorn.  At least they killed someone who almost always can conceivably fight back.  Executing someone after a robbery or rape, now that's a whole other level of scum. 

Besides, this should all be moot anyway, because the dead guy wasn't acting in his capacity as a cop when he was killed, so to label the killer as a cop-killer is misleading in the first place.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2011, 12:01:28 AM
Seriously, why all this bonus hate for a supposed cop killer?  Is this some silly brotherhood thing that every cop seems to suffer from? 

If you think about it, cop killers are least worthy of scorn.  At least they killed someone who almost always can conceivably fight back.  Executing someone after a robbery or rape, now that's a whole other level of scum. 

Besides, this should all be moot anyway, because the dead guy wasn't acting in his capacity as a cop when he was killed, so to label the killer as a cop-killer is misleading in the first place.
Dont derail this thread, talking about Davis. We had a good thing going with food.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2011, 12:09:47 AM
Dont derail this thread, talking about Davis. We had a good thing going with food.

:huh: You brought Davis back up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2011, 07:11:48 AM

:huh: You brought Davis back up.

I just said Dude got stuck. :(

DGuller

That ship sailed when you gloated over the hijack of the guy's death thread, thus ruining the hijack.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2011, 08:36:34 AM

That ship sailed when you gloated over the hijack of the guy's death thread, thus ruining the hijack.

Guilty as charged. :moon:

DGuller

If I may say so, you come off looking worse in this thread than Troy Davis.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2011, 10:13:07 AM

Not really, I'm still above ground.

grumbler

The execution of Davis simply confirms to me that the state should not have the power to execute, because it will exercise that power incompetently.  I'd rather not even allow it police powers, given its propensity to hire a minority of policemen who abuse that power, but the alternative is worse, so I accept it.

Celebrating the stumblefuck state's misuse of power certainly doesn't make 11B4V  look good, but he is a minion of the state and so is naturally the kind to celebrate even the worst blunders made by his peers.

I am open to the possibility that Davis is innocent, and open to the possibility that he was guilty.  The fact that McPhail was a city cop when he wasn't playing rent-a-cop has no bearing on the case.  As we know from the news, cops are righteously killed by Americans in Afghanistan on a regular basis.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2011, 01:32:47 PM

Celebrating the stumblefuck state's misuse of power certainly doesn't make 11B4V  look good, but he is a minion of the state and so is naturally the kind to celebrate even the worst blunders made by his peers.

:rolleyes: You can make a better personal attack than that. 

garbon

I had a steak today and order it medium well. My mouth just wouldn't let me say the word rare. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2011, 07:52:02 PM
I had a steak today and order it medium well. My mouth just wouldn't let me say the word rare. :blush:
Yeah, but doesn't that just play into the stereotype of homos and overdone steaks?  Surely your need to be an individual should overpower your lack of taste?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

But was it good?

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2011, 08:06:52 PM

But was it good?

Delicious although a bit more chewy than I would have liked. However, after the first caipirinha, I hardly noticed (that place makes their drinks in decent fashion!). :blush: