News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2011, 09:48:05 AM
I dunno about that.  Borscht is pretty damn simple to make (though time consuming).  It's not as if there's some great secret to it.
There is even a saying in Russian:  "simple as borscht".

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2011, 11:26:39 AM
I dunno about that.  Borscht is pretty damn simple to make (though time consuming).  It's not as if there's some great secret to it.

Now that you mention it, I can remember my dad saying something was "easy as borscht".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2011, 11:26:39 AM

Similar saying in English.  "Piece of cake"  or "Easy as pie".  Though confusingly refers to a type of musical game (and musical genre) rather then the difficulty in creating cakes and pies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I thought it was as easy as eating cake.  I find that very easy, anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maximus

I've never heard "easy as borscht", but I have heard "cheap as borscht"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2011, 12:57:05 PM

I've heard neither of those, but I have heard "it's got a good beet, you can dance to it, I'll give it a 78."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2011, 03:22:41 PM

I've heard neither of those, but I have heard "it's got a good beet, you can dance to it, I'll give it a 78."

Ugh
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2011, 12:24:19 PM

Cakewalk.  A musical game from late 19th century.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sDnVIeSn_k  It could be considered a distant ancestor of modern Rock.  Women looked a little heavier back then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2011, 09:36:18 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 02, 2011, 01:54:56 AM
Or, or, I have different tastes than you

More to the point, you dont seem to have any taste at all.  Which is odd since you say you are a "frog". 

Here is one for Marti to try to figure out.  Zoupa is a "Frog" as Marti is a ______?

Ok, you win the "this thing is AWESOME because I like it and I say it is" argument.

Yay. Good for you.  :huh:

crazy canuck

Yep

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on October 02, 2011, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2011, 12:24:19 PM

Cakewalk.  A musical game from late 19th century.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sDnVIeSn_k  It could be considered a distant ancestor of modern Rock.  Women looked a little heavier back then.

Did people really swim in those things?  They look like a drowning hazard.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Now that you mention it, I think I misremembered after being prompted by DG.  "Cheap as borscht" is indeed my dad's saying.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.