Turkey makes more friends. This time: the EU

Started by Martinus, September 18, 2011, 06:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 19, 2011, 11:21:23 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 19, 2011, 09:14:12 AM
The ultimate goal is still a Turk-free Cyprus.

Might as well go for a turk-free Turkey?

The ultimate goal for the Junta and the radicals was Enosis (reuniting with Greece). Makarios wasn't that interested in uniting with the Colonels' Junta.

Unlike Anatolia, Turks were never a majority or even plurality in Cyprus.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 20, 2011, 06:29:19 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 19, 2011, 11:21:23 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 19, 2011, 09:14:12 AM
The ultimate goal is still a Turk-free Cyprus.

Might as well go for a turk-free Turkey?

The ultimate goal for the Junta and the radicals was Enosis (reuniting with Greece). Makarios wasn't that interested in uniting with the Colonels' Junta.

Unlike Anatolia, Turks were never a majority or even plurality in Cyprus.

I know. Which is why Turkey should suffer heavenly fire for their actions.

Neil

The Republic of Cyprus is 95% Turkish.  77% 'Greek' Turkish and 18% pure Turkish.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Habbaku

Quote from: Neil on September 20, 2011, 04:21:14 PM
The Republic of Cyprus is 95% Turkish.  77% 'Greek' Turkish and 18% pure Turkish.

:)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Duque de Bragança

Does "pure Turkish" include Mountain Turkish?

Crazy_Ivan80

:D

Neil

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 21, 2011, 02:48:08 AM
Does "pure Turkish" include Mountain Turkish?
Sure.  I'm willing to give pan-Turkism a fling.  They'll probably end up occupied by Israel at the rate they're going anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.