News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question about asswiping

Started by Martim Silva, September 15, 2011, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

More serious than you'd think.

I just had a conversation where it was pointed out that people in cultures with no bidet just wipe their behinds with toilet paper after they've done their necessities, leaving the rest of the cleaning for when they shower/bathe, which can be latter in the day.

Is that true?  :huh:

Or what is it exactly that you do in a bidet-less bathroom to properly clean up after you've done your necessities?

Valmy

Quote from: Martim Silva on September 15, 2011, 11:12:00 AM
More serious than you'd think.

I just had a conversation where it was pointed out that people in cultures with no bidet just wipe their behinds with toilet paper after they've done their necessities, leaving the rest of the cleaning for when they shower/bathe, which can be latter in the day.

Is that true?  :huh:

Or what is it exactly that you do in a bidet-less bathroom to properly clean up after you've done your necessities?

Yep.  Though I do wash my hands afterwards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

:huh:

Yes, depending on how substantive and sticky the residue is the toilet paper is folded the sufficient amount of times and a sufficient amount of force and repetition is used to wipe it clean. Now there is often a small residue. It does not follow, but cultures without bidets usually consider bidet equipped cultures to be unclean on the grounds that they are not known for daily showers and regular hand washing.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I hate you.  Don't post threads like this no more.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Yes, it's true.

I've always wonder how a bidet works. How the hell do you not wet every inch of your butt, pants, underwear & the floor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Keep wiping until the sheet comes back clear.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2011, 11:35:30 AM
Yes, it's true.

I've always wonder how a bidet works. How the hell do you not wet every inch of your butt, pants, underwear & the floor.

I always thought the Bidet was for womens issues.. that was until I went to japan and used the robotic toilet seat.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

BuddhaRhubarb

why did you give mongers your password? bad form.:p
:p

DGuller

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on September 15, 2011, 11:49:14 AM
Yes, it's true.

I always thought the Bidet was for womens issues.. that was until I went to japan and used the robotic toilet seat.
Do robotic toilet seats help you pee? :unsure:

The Brain

Let's see... I wipe my ass until it's clean.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

what I want to know from bidet users. I've never seen bidets in public toilets south of the River Main Line, what do Bidet culture peoples do in public toilets where I have never seen bidets when they need to shit?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on September 15, 2011, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 15, 2011, 11:49:14 AM
Yes, it's true.

Do robotic toilet seats help you pee? :unsure:

No, once you have done your business you press a button and a probe is extended into the center of the toilet bowl. This probe then shoots warm water up in a sweeping motion (creepy). Once this is finished hot air is blown up your ass to dry it (oddly nice).

Martim Silva

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2011, 11:19:38 AM
Yep.  Though I do wash my hands afterwards.

:ph34r:

Wow.

I mean, just doing that really sounds... dirty. We are told that toilet paper is just to remove the majority of it, then the proper cleaning has to be done in the bidet, with soap and water.

Quote from: Viking
It does not follow, but cultures without bidets usually consider bidet equipped cultures to be unclean on the grounds that they are not known for daily showers and regular hand washing.

Unclean? We think the opposite. Most people do tend to shower (I prefer full immersion baths myself) daily. Hand washing should be quite regular, but I admit I saw quite a few people (all males) leaving the bathroom without washing their hands - I just thought of that as male sloppyness, and it boils down to individual preferences.

Quote from: Grey Fox

After the toilet, you move into the bidet and thouroughly wash your private parts and your butt with water and soap. Face towards the wall for the frontal bits, then turn and clean the rear. The skin is supposed to get wet.

To the side of the bidet there are special smaller towels to clean your privates and rear afther this exercise.

Usually adults have no problem avoiding major water spillage. It's hard to wet the pants - they are either fully removed for the exercise, or put to the side of a leg so as to not be on the way. Some water does go to the floor, but normal people soak it off with a sponge afterwards (I myself have absorbing floors in my bathrooms. Together with the internal exhaustors, any leaked water is gone in no time without any bother from me).

Quote from: Peter Wiggin
Keep wiping until the sheet comes back clear.

That's really not enough... there are bits of dirt that remain, even if any further scrubbing with the toilet paper does not yield any further results. Hence our use of bidets.

Quote from: Viking
I've never seen bidets in public toilets south of the River Main Line, what do Bidet culture peoples do in public toilets where I have never seen bidets when they need to shit?

Indeed, public toilets very rarely have them. Which is why they are used as a last resort for anything other than peeing.

What does happen afterwards is that we feel quite dirty after using them (yes, after wiping the butt with toilet paper until it comes out clean) and then go straight to our bidets as soon as we are at home, in order to properly clean ourselves.

alfred russel

How is it that Europeans spend so much time cleaning their ass, but still smell so bad?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014