"Take me with you. I can see. I can see perfectly."
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2011, 10:26:41 AM
Nice job with the Now Show meme.  :cool:

And I'm the "in denial" group. I have about -0.5 but refuse to wear glasses since can't be arsed/look goofy in all I tried.
Wait, you posted pictures in some trendy Mad Men specs. What changed your mind?

I'm only -0.5 in one, -1.0 in the other , but the -2.0 cylinder (astigmatism) is what screws me. My specs give normal-sighted people vertigo.

My near-sightedness is just +1.0 and I can focus in a beat, so I'll just keep an eye on that, pun intended, for a bit.

Iormlund

My left eyesight is not as sharp as it used to be, but I don't need glasses yet.

KRonn

I got glasses for distance about ten or fifteen years ago. Also for reading, though I can still read most print ok it's usually not very comfortable.

As I've gotten older, apparently print has been made so much smaller!   ;)

DontSayBanana

Other.  Good in one eye, bad in the other.

In theory, my glasses even out my vision, but in practice, the doctor patches them as "we need to protect your good eye, since if something happens to it, you're legally blind."
Experience bij!

Slargos

:lol:

Myopic mother fuckers. No surprise.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on August 31, 2011, 10:33:01 PM

I'm fairly certain there is zero connection between poor vision and metaphorical short-sightedness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 31, 2011, 10:37:15 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 31, 2011, 10:33:01 PM

I'm fairly certain there is zero connection between poor vision and metaphorical short-sightedness.

I was referring to the heightened nerd concentration, but now that you bring it up.....  :hmm:

Tonitrus

Eyesight is still quite good after...hmm...about 4 or so years after getting the PRK surgery.  Last exam I had was about a year ago, and was still at 20/15.

Though I expect reading glasses will come, they say that PRK/Lasik does nothing to correct that inevitability.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 31, 2011, 10:51:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2011, 10:26:41 AM
Nice job with the Now Show meme.  :cool:

And I'm the "in denial" group. I have about -0.5 but refuse to wear glasses since can't be arsed/look goofy in all I tried.
Wait, you posted pictures in some trendy Mad Men specs. What changed your mind?
My bf told me I look goofy. :P

Ideologue

I don't wear glasses though they'd be helpful.  I'm not really in denial, I just don't want to spend the money on an easily breakable, losable item.  Eventually I suppose I'll have to, however.  I'll crash that car when I come to it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Pedrito

Myopic since mid-1980s, always had the same correction (-1.50/-1.25) ever since, until February 2011, when after some pretty bad headaches I went for a control and discovered myopia was going better. Now I have -1.00/-1.00 correction.
Aging is good!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

20/800 bitches. :cool:

Also, I have pretty bad astigmatism.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Mr.Penguin

-6.25/-7.5

and it keeps getting worse... :(
Real men drag their Guns into position