For distance and reading
6 (15.4%)
I probably need glasses but I'm in denial
4 (10.3%)
"Take me with you. I can see. I can see perfectly."
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Brazen

I've just been for my annual eye check-up and I've finally got to the point where I will shortly need reading glasses as well my distance/astigmatism pair. So it's a cord round the neck, bifocals, or peering disapprovingly over a half-moon pair in the next year or so for me :weep:

How's your eyesight? Got glasses/lenses or do you suspect you need some but are in denial?

Josquius

My eyesight, despite a lifetime at a computer screen, thankfully remains intact.

My hearing on the other hand...
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Well, don't do bifocals, you are way too young for that! Reading glass is perfectly okay though :)

Apart from this cylinder thing which keeps switching here and there somewhat, my eyesight has been practically stagnating for about a decade now, the worsening of it has been marginal. Which ain't too bad considering I work and play with computers.

Ed Anger

Glasses since High School. Too much Atari 2600.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martim Silva

I'm myopic since 1979. I use glasses at home.

Outside those closer to me it nobody knows I have bad eyesight, thanks to that strange miracle of modern science called "contact lenses".

Tamas

Quote from: Martim Silva on August 31, 2011, 08:21:46 AM
I'm myopic since 1979. I use glasses at home.

Outside those closer to me it nobody knows I have bad eyesight, thanks to that strange miracle of modern science called "contact lenses".

yeah I am pretty sure nobody notices it you are wearing them

Martim Silva

Quote from: Tamas
yeah I am pretty sure nobody notices it you are wearing them

Unless you are a user yourself, you can't notice them unless specifically looking VERY closely at the eyes.

Modern lenses aren't like the old glass ones that made our eyes resemble those of a frog.

Razgovory

My eye sight has been steadily going downhill since high school.  This August I got a restriction put on my license that said I must wear glasses while driving.  Before that, I typically wore my glasses while driving but was not required to. :Embarrass:  The last few years my eye sight has really gotten bad, to the point where without my glasses I find myself talking to to strangers thinking they are acquaintances and getting into the wrong car in the parking lot.  Refuse to get contacts though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Brazen on August 31, 2011, 07:47:18 AM
I've just been for my annual eye check-up and I've finally got to the point where I will shortly need reading glasses as well my distance/astigmatism pair. So it's a cord round the neck, bifocals, or peering disapprovingly over a half-moon pair in the next year or so for me :weep:

How's your eyesight? Got glasses/lenses or do you suspect you need some but are in denial?
I have glasses, but I don't need them except for the computer.  I can see perfectly, but one of my eyes is lazy and can't make a proper focus from short to long distance and back.  So I got headaches when I don't wear them.
Otherwise, I'm fine.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

My eyesight is awful. I can read a book without my contacts, but reading things on my monitor is problematic. Anything beyond a couple feet is a blur.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I need glasses for distance slightly but I never wear them - actually I lost my only pair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 31, 2011, 08:59:31 AM
My eyesight is awful. I can read a book without my contacts, but reading things on my monitor is problematic. Anything beyond a couple feet is a blur.

Yep.  My eyesight is horrible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

-0.5/-0.25 or thereabouts. Not much, but having glasses pay off when I'm at the movies or the theater, want to read street signs on the other side of the street etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 31, 2011, 08:59:31 AM
Same here, except that I'm never putting things on my eyeballs.

Martinus

Nice job with the Now Show meme.  :cool:

And I'm the "in denial" group. I have about -0.5 but refuse to wear glasses since can't be arsed/look goofy in all I tried.