And we're back!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2011, 09:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Minksy once said to Hans that if Kerry had said the sky was blue Hans would run outside and call him a liar and claim it was green.  I guess that that's pretty close to what's happening here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on August 26, 2011, 02:36:19 PM
Store was crazy. Nearly all the bread was gone.
I did my weekly shopping Friday afternoon after work, rather than go on the weekend. Store was a bit crowded but not too bad. I think a lot of people were just doing their shopping early, instead of trying to go on the weekend when the storm hits. It didn't seem like there were buyouts on any items either.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2011, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2011, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2011, 11:46:58 AM
So will this provide TV entertainment?

You might see lots of dead homos on Fire island.

:thumbsup:

Fuck you, you gypsy fuck.

Btw, you stink. Bathe more often. Kthxbye.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2011, 02:45:29 PM
I did my weekly shopping Friday afternoon after work, rather than go on the weekend. Store was a bit crowded but not too bad. I think a lot of people were just doing their shopping early, instead of trying to go on the weekend when the storm hits. It didn't seem like there were buyouts on any items either.

Yeah that's what my mother did up in Boston. None of the predictions were partcularly dire - except for maybe parts of the cape.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I wish Hamilcar was here. He would have told off the idiots who built New York City in the first place.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2011, 03:21:08 PM
I wish Hamilcar was here. He would have told off the idiots who built New York City in the first place.

lol, that's right;  because it's daft to build cities near shorelines, that's just asking for trouble :lol:

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on August 27, 2011, 03:15:33 PM
Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2011, 02:45:29 PM

Yeah that's what my mother did up in Boston. None of the predictions were partcularly dire - except for maybe parts of the cape.
Cape Cod and the coast line can get clobbered bad in storms like this, depending what the effects are on the ocean tides and storm tides.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2011, 03:32:18 PMCape Cod and the coast line can get clobbered bad in storms like this, depending what the effects are on the ocean tides and storm tides.

Insightful.

Zanza

Didn't he move to NYC or Connecticut?

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on August 27, 2011, 06:16:37 PM
Didn't he move to NYC or Connecticut?

I heard they shot him up into space and now he's on the ISS.  Apparently they did it just to spite him.  Or maybe they just shot him.  I forget which one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2011, 03:41:52 PM
Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2011, 03:32:18 PMCape Cod and the coast line can get clobbered bad in storms like this, depending what the effects are on the ocean tides and storm tides.

Insightful.
Agreed, poorly put on my part. But the point I was going towards was that even if the storm doesn't hit hard the coastal areas could still suffer heavy damage.

MadImmortalMan

This coverage is all about NYC. It's not here yet! It's still coming, and the subway isn't running!!!1111

Um. Guys?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

Yes. MBTA is shut down tomorrow too apparently. I've actualyl seen a few windows that were boarded up.
PDH!