News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2011, 09:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 27, 2011, 07:06:59 PM
This coverage is all about NYC. It's not here yet! It's still coming, and the subway isn't running!!!1111

Um. Guys?

You'd think the fucking world was coming to an end the way the talking heads go on about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 07:13:42 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 27, 2011, 07:06:59 PM
This coverage is all about NYC. It's not here yet! It's still coming, and the subway isn't running!!!1111

Um. Guys?

You'd think the fucking world was coming to an end the way the talking heads go on about it.

Aint that a fact.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Just got done grilling some ribeyes and chili chops. Enjoy your rain.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2011, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2011, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2011, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2011, 11:46:58 AM
So will this provide TV entertainment?

You might see lots of dead homos on Fire island.

:thumbsup:

Fuck you, you gypsy fuck.

Btw, you stink. Bathe more often. Kthxbye.
That was my first reaction as well, but then I realized that I misread his post, and that he wasn't talking about hobos.

MadImmortalMan

Fox is showing footage from Day After Tomorrow and 2012.   :lmfao:

These guys are self-parodies.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ideologue

It's fine here.  I guess God really does know his own.  And, between this and the earthquake, I'm reaping all the benefits.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

I haven't even lost power, which is amazing. The lights flickered a few times but that was it - the sudden thunderstorm two nights ago (with 60mph gusts) brought down the power for a few hours.

My house is also up in a hilly area so there's no danger of flooding. People in low-lying areas aren't going to be so lucky. It's been a constant, steady rain and the creek that runs by my house is starting to overflow it's banks. It usually only does that when we get a sudden downpour and can't drain out fast enough.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 27, 2011, 08:55:09 PM
Fox is showing footage from Day After Tomorrow and 2012.   :lmfao:

These guys are self-parodies.

:lol:  Did they use the shot of the Capitol getting smooshed?

Ed Anger

I expected dead homos and hipsters floating in the water when I woke up.  :mad: New York is only moderately moist.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

They always exaggerate this shit.  If they didn't, and it turned out to be worse than they thought, heads would roll.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on August 28, 2011, 08:26:04 AM
They always exaggerate this shit.  If they didn't, and it turned out to be worse than they thought, heads would roll.
A lot fewer people would tune in if the news just reported the news.  The news has to be bigger than life, so people get either a real thrill or a vicarious one.

It could be worse.  You could be in the UK.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

QuoteYou could be in the UK.

Ick. Surrounded by chavs and Josqs. WOTS ALL THIS THEN? ME TELLY IS ON THE FRITZ!

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2011, 09:18:30 AM
QuoteYou could be in the UK.

Ick. Surrounded by chavs and Josqs. WOTS ALL THIS THEN? ME TELLY IS ON THE FRITZ!
ME PRAMBULATOR"S GONE WOBBLY!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I'll spare y'all the Monty Python lines.