How the wannabe super-morbidly-obese justify their lifestyle

Started by Brazen, August 24, 2011, 03:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

As regards obesity and health, I was borderline obese when I did the Marathon. I did an awful time and suffered, but I had healthy blood pressure, and blood sugar and cholesterol levels, though my lung function was rubbish with exercise-induced asthma.

As I'd approaching a healthy weight again, I run much further and faster without discomfort, recover quicker and don't need my asthma inhaler. Not to mention I can fit into smaller clothes, not go "Oof!" when I bend over to put my shoes on and get up the stairs without sweating.

Healthy is relative. There's no doubt at all I'm far healthier now.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

If one kept hydrated I wonder how long you could fast before keeling over with that weight? :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 25, 2011, 12:42:51 AMimg]http://www.mongabay.com/images/peru/manu/Manu_1022_1661.JPG[/img]

doubtful. i've been told i'm not as skinny as some of the twigs i see around, the ones who look like they're anorexic

@timmay: languish should do an experiment to find out. if a 500lb chick was pushed over and rolled into a van, how could she ever stop it? :)

Iormlund

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 25, 2011, 05:53:46 AM
If one kept hydrated I wonder how long you could fast before keeling over with that weight? :hmm:

Not that much. She can't run or hide, so in any situation extreme enough to require fasting for months on end she would end up as food for leaner, faster animals (including other humans).

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2011, 01:53:57 AM
Ok, I'm gonna say what other people seem to be beating around the bush about: YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

And yeah, smoking people do not always get cancer, and there are people who never smoke and die of cancer. That does not mean that smoking isn't bad for you. :frusty:

Oh and btw, yes, obesity is a cultural thing. Specifically, it means you are white trash.  :hug:

And you're an ignorant dick. What's your point?

I didn't say it was ideal. At the same time, I don't hold the insane bigotry against obese people that many here seem to. I don't really care one way or another what people weigh, so long as they're happy. Why should I care beyond that? It's not really any of my business, is it?

As for your attempt at an insult, the culture I was speaking of was Mexican, not white. My white family is - for the most part - relatively average sized, meaning within 15-20 pounds of their "ideal" weight. But good try there, Spanky.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on August 25, 2011, 08:00:50 AMWhy should I care beyond that? It's not really any of my business, is it?

do you feel the same toward smokers, stoners, and alcholics? and it can typically become a problem in regard to their offspring. many obese parents i see waddling around have chubby children; poor bastards never had a chance at a real life. they are the real victims, and mommy and daddy are to blame

@raz: from the pic i've seen, he does not look fat at all :mellow:

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on August 25, 2011, 08:12:54 AM
@raz: from the pic i've seen, he does not look fat at all :mellow:

Raz has to compulsively insult Marty in every thread he posts in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

What the fuck do I care about 'healthy weight'?  I'm married, comfortable, I can engage in sports and other active passtimes without discomfort, and I'm not a model or an actor.  Why in the hell would I care about my belly?  That just means that my wife loves me enough to feed me well.

I think that the key thing to take away from this thread is that Martinus is stupid and unworthy of life.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2011, 08:13:49 AMRaz has to compulsively insult Marty in every thread he posts in.

i know, i was just shooting it down. i mean, really, does he not realize that it makes him no better than the person he thinks martinus is? no one else stalks posters to the degree he does (excepting hvc toward ed, ofc). imo, it's kinda creepy

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 25, 2011, 05:53:46 AM

Yes someone wanted to discuss this with me some time ago. I said that as long as you get water you should be alive for a long time, with a caveat about possible trace element shortages or similar which I know very little about that could come into play at extreme fat reserves. Otherwise what would be the point of storing fat? Other mammals are known to be able to fast for months even while active. I don't remember ever hearing about a person dying from starvation while still having significant body fat.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.