How the wannabe super-morbidly-obese justify their lifestyle

Started by Brazen, August 24, 2011, 03:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 24, 2011, 02:51:18 PM
I've become fat over the years, but it's not my fault.  It's my body's fault for not digesting alcohol, chips, fries and burgers correctly.  Silly body.  :D

So you don't look like the person in your avatar anymore? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I kinda suspect it's the same attitude with a lots of conditions that could be changed. Welfarers will often say they have no choice but to be on welfare, even tough they could easily get a job that might not be their dream job.  Smokers have lots of excuses to continue their filthy, disgusting habit and poisoning our lives.  A drunk/addict always has good reason to keep drinking/using.  Lazy people always have good reasons to avoid work.

Basically, these morbid obese fall into the same pattern as others.  Making some efforts to change your lifestyle is too hard, so you find comfort in your situation.  It's the easier path, and it's, well, easier...

I've become fat over the years, but it's not my fault.  It's my body's fault for not digesting alcohol, chips, fries and burgers correctly.  Silly body.  :D

This gal isn't saying "it isn't my fault I'm fat" though.  Quite the opposite. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2011, 03:51:55 PMThis gal isn't saying "it isn't my fault I'm fat" though.  Quite the opposite. :huh:

she's using a helluva lot of self-denial and convincing to push herself forward, though. so, i think viper's point (and the point made by some other posts here) still stands. people think up justifications for a lot of things they do, even if it's destructive behavior. just look at merithyn's post :P

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on August 24, 2011, 04:32:11 PM
she's using a helluva lot of self-denial and convincing to push herself forward, though. so, i think viper's point (and the point made by some other posts here) still stands. people think up justifications for a lot of things they do, even if it's destructive behavior. just look at merithyn's post :P

:huh:

I'm simply saying that this woman doesn't speak for all obese people. I'm also saying that not all obese people - even morbidly obese people - are horribly unhealthy. The assumption that they are all on scooters, oxygen, and practically life support is ridiculous.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2011, 10:07:52 AM
Quote from: Warspite on August 24, 2011, 08:52:58 AM
It sounds like a terrific troll.

You could well be right.

Anyone else remember the 'Not The Nine O'clock News' sketch 'Stout, proud to be fat' * ?

* Unfortunately not on youtube.
Sounds like an Onion article.
PDH!

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 02:54:24 PM

So you don't look like the person in your avatar anymore? :(
I had a sex change in the mean time too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2011, 03:51:55 PM
This gal isn't saying "it isn't my fault I'm fat" though.  Quite the opposite. :huh:
She's saying she's happy with it.  She's justifying her state instead of doing some effort to change.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on August 24, 2011, 04:44:27 PM
The assumption that they are all on scooters, oxygen, and practically life support is ridiculous.
without going that far, you ain't exactly in top shape either when you're overweight.  Some may have exceptional physical abilities for people of their weight, but they're still in bad health compared to what you'd expect from someone with a normal weight.  Having been overweight since a while now, I know I can't do mundane stuff I used to do, like biking for 20-25km, or working outside all day long.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on August 24, 2011, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2011, 03:51:55 PM
She's saying she's happy with it.  She's justifying her state instead of doing some effort to change.

Yes she is.

QuoteAnd a part of me misses going bicycling and walking around town, but that doesn't mean I don't get a great quality of life in my daily habits like eating, reading, conversations with friends, music, sex, the Internet, movies, and so on. What's so bad about my life?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on August 24, 2011, 04:44:27 PMI'm simply saying that this woman doesn't speak for all obese people. I'm also saying that not all obese people - even morbidly obese people - are horribly unhealthy. The assumption that they are all on scooters, oxygen, and practically life support is ridiculous.

i thought you were saying "not all overweight people are unhealthy"? now it's horribly unhealthy (where "they are all on scotters, oxygen, and practically life support")? i don't think anyone thinks that every single obese or morbidly obese person requires a scooter and oxygen tank. it is an unhealthy lifestyle, and just as there are those who condemn smokers, society should also refuse to accept fatties

Siege

Quote from: Iormlund on August 24, 2011, 11:12:32 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 10:24:00 AM
Also Meri there is a pretty dramatic difference between being 150 lbs overweight and being 500+ pounds.
I would say 150 lbs overweight is dramatic enough. In my case it would be twice (!) my natural weight.
You are a 150 lbs?
How tall are you?
4'5"?
Im 5'11" and I weight 195, and I am definitively not skinny.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

mongers

Quote from: Siege on August 24, 2011, 06:46:54 PM
Also Meri there is a pretty dramatic difference between being 150 lbs overweight and being 500+ pounds.
I would say 150 lbs overweight is dramatic enough. In my case it would be twice (!) my natural weight.
You are a 150 lbs?
How tall are you?
4'5"?

I'm 5'11" and 171 lbs , am I skinny ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Siege

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2011, 07:01:04 PM
You are a 150 lbs?
How tall are you?
4'5"?

Fuck yeah you are. You should be at least 190.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

mongers

Quote from: Siege on August 24, 2011, 07:10:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2011, 07:01:04 PM
You are a 150 lbs?
How tall are you?
4'5"?

Fuck yeah you are. You should be at least 190.

Not sure I'd like to carry another one and a third stone.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)