Whites now 20 times as wealthy as blacks, Hispanics lose 2/3rds of their wealth

Started by jimmy olsen, August 23, 2011, 05:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 07:04:43 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 24, 2011, 06:55:42 PM
How come hispanics make more than blacks when blacks have been living in the States forever while hispanics are recent inmigrants largely descriminated upon, including by blacks?
How come you could be naturalized as an American citizen and still be ignorant enough to think Hispanics in the US are just "recent immigrants?"

Are you saying Hispanics are no better than Niggers?

Josquius

Aren`t rural areas mostly white?
This could perhaps explain the size of the gap a bit- urban folk tend more towards renting whilst people in the country own.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

How come hispanics make more than blacks when blacks have been living in the States forever while hispanics are recent inmigrants largely descriminated upon, including by blacks?
How come you could be naturalized as an American citizen and still be ignorant enough to think Hispanics in the US are just "recent immigrants?"

I'm guessing our very liberal naturalization laws.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2011, 08:01:55 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

Speaking for South Carolina, no.

Of course in Canada, the answer is very much yes.  Or, at least, white and native.

To answer Tyr more completely - immigration over the past 40-50 years has been almost entirely to urban areas.  So our rural areas tend to mirror the racial mixture of 40-50 years ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2011, 10:04:35 PM
immigration over the past 40-50 years has been almost entirely to urban areas.

You are never going to settle Nunavut that way!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

I lost 2/3rds of my wealth a couple of years ago. My household also got 50% smaller.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2011, 10:04:35 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2011, 08:01:55 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

Speaking for South Carolina, no.

Of course in Canada, the answer is very much yes.  Or, at least, white and native.

Well, no kidding. :lol:

I guess it does depend on what he means by mostly.  Taken as a whole, South Carolina's rural areas are probably "mostly" white, in that the white rural population exceeds 50%.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quite a few of them are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: PDH on August 24, 2011, 10:28:39 PM
I lost 2/3rds of my wealth a couple of years ago. My household also got 50% smaller.

Yeah, those younger women tend to be less porky  :cool: