Ideologue

Quote from: dps on August 23, 2011, 11:30:02 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2011, 10:40:40 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 10:31:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2011, 10:30:19 PM
Where the hell is my $113,000?
The most productive members of society have it.  Sorry.  :(

They won't let me be productive.

"They" in this case being you many negative moral, mental, and emotional traits.

I reject your attempt to set up a circle of judgment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on August 23, 2011, 11:30:02 PM

"They" in this case being you many negative moral, mental, and emotional traits.

I think the "they", in this case is the bar association.  They don't let just anyone practice law.  At least in this country.  You know, I tried to warn Ide about this when he said he was going to law school.  I said, "Ide, you aren't going to be a lawyer.  They have laws against things like that".  And he respond "Fuck you, you goddamn psycho".  See, if had listened to me, he good be doing something useful.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

That's not true.  I'd have said "God damned."  I question the authenticity of your story.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2011, 11:47:43 PM
That's not true.  I'd have said "God damned."  I question the authenticity of your story.

You don't remember me telling you this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2011, 11:50:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2011, 11:47:43 PM

You don't remember me telling you this?
Nope.

In any event, I'm not prohibited by any law from bar membership.  I chose not to join the SC Bar, because I don't want to live here anymore, and because I soured on the prospect of attorney practice, although at some point, somewhere else, I may seek bar admission.  You don't remember me telling you that?  Because that wasn't three years ago, that was last week.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

Tonitrus

Being that you've been applying for Federal jobs, obviously you have no serious intention of being productive.  :P

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 24, 2011, 01:23:56 AM

Being that you've been applying for Federal jobs, obviously you have no serious intention of being productive.  :P

Only the State has a right to utilize my labor value.
Kinemalogue

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2011, 11:44:35 PM

I think the "they", in this case is the bar association.  They don't let just anyone practice law. 

They need some trustbustin'.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2011, 01:25:14 AM

Only the State has a right to utilize my labor value.

I've heard you wait tables beautifully.  You could go back to that, stick with your strengths.

Siege

How come hispanics make more than blacks when blacks have been living in the States forever while hispanics are recent inmigrants largely descriminated upon, including by blacks?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on August 24, 2011, 06:55:42 PM
How come hispanics make more than blacks when blacks have been living in the States forever while hispanics are recent inmigrants largely descriminated upon, including by blacks?
How come you could be naturalized as an American citizen and still be ignorant enough to think Hispanics in the US are just "recent immigrants?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!