News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara/Orange County

Started by Caliga, August 22, 2011, 06:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

The second week of October, I'll definitely be in Santa Barbara for three days and I may swing down to the office in Newport Beach for the other two... not sure yet.

I'll be pretty busy but should have some downtime.  Anything interesting to do in either of these places?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

If you were in SB on a weekend, I might have been able to swing down that way.

Caliga

I'll probably be leaving on a Saturday, but most likely in the early morning.

DGuller

When I lived in Ukraine, I saw a 2100-part documentary about Santa Barbara.  Something always seemed to happen there.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2011, 06:49:56 PM
I'll probably be leaving on a Saturday, but most likely in the early morning.

*double checks estimated driving time*

4 hour trip is probably a bit of a reach to manage a Friday night dinner.

Tonitrus

On a side note, if you like Italian, Palazzio's was quite good.  But IIRC, there are lots of options on State Street.

CountDeMoney

Oh neat;  in the second or third week in October, I may be up the coast the in Morro Bay/Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area on vacation;  not sure yet on the exact dates, though.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2011, 08:14:13 PM
I'll be hiding in my bunker

Is there a significant difference between an dank, stuffy, underground concrete enclosure, and Ohio as a whole?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 22, 2011, 08:50:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2011, 08:14:13 PM
I'll be hiding in my bunker

Is there a significant difference between an dank, stuffy, underground concrete enclosure, and Ohio as a whole?

Ohio is more moist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You see, this is what happens when you make the decision to go whole hog into the psycho Southern church thing to score young pussy, Ed.  You go in, but you don't know how deep you're going.

Sure, you think you can handle meeting the family and going to services.  Gotta impress the Moms, you know.

You even manage to convince yourself that, hey, snake handling's not all that big of a deal, and it's not even poisonous, I can tell by the shape of the head.

So you score yourself your childbride, and before you know it you wind up a fucking David Koresh, up to your ass in converted upper receivers, inert grenades and too many children of the fucking corn freaky twins.

Enjoy your apocalypse.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
You see, this is what happens when you make the decision to go whole hog into the psycho Southern church thing to score young pussy, Ed.  You go in, but you don't know how deep you're going.

Sure, you think you can handle meeting the family and going to services.  Gotta impress the Moms, you know.

You even manage to convince yourself that, hey, snake handling's not all that big of a deal, and it's not even poisonous, I can tell by the shape of the head.

So you score yourself your childbride, and before you know it you wind up a fucking David Koresh, up to your ass in converted upper receivers, inert grenades and too many children of the fucking corn freaky twins.

Enjoy your apocalypse.

:lmfao:

Now tell me you wouldn't change places with him Seedy. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

starbright

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2011, 06:50:10 PM
When I lived in Ukraine, I saw a 2100-part documentary about Santa Barbara.  Something always seemed to happen there.

:lol:

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Oh neat;  in the second or third week in October, I may be up the coast the in Morro Bay/Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area on vacation;  not sure yet on the exact dates, though.
Another meetup would be cool if we can swing it. :cool: