News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara/Orange County

Started by Caliga, August 22, 2011, 06:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Wow, this is a beautiful town.  If all of Southern California is like this then I can understand why people want to live here despite the cost, pollution, nanny state bullshit, etc.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Had dinner with two chicks from a property management firm based in Thousand Oaks.  They actually said the weather around here sucks because "it's too boring."  :bleeding:

Earlier a Hawaiian dude who drives the resort shuttle asked me if he would need to bring a 'jacket' if he were to visit Long Island in February and "does it ever snow there?" :lol:

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on October 12, 2011, 11:33:10 PM
Had dinner with two chicks from a property management firm based in Thousand Oaks.  They actually said the weather around here sucks because "it's too boring."  :bleeding:

Earlier a Hawaiian dude who drives the resort shuttle asked me if he would need to bring a 'jacket' if he were to visit Long Island in February and "does it ever snow there?" :lol:

Cal is in my town. :wub:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

I'm not in Oxnard J-man.  I guess I'm pretty close tho.  I'd buy you dinner if you were here instead of in Utah.  Sucks to be you. :(

MadImmortalMan

Did he have turtle tattoos? Watch out, man!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: Jaron on October 12, 2011, 11:37:34 PM

Cal is in my town. :wub:
You may have even washed dishes for him without knowing it, if Cal ate at your gas station. :o

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 13, 2011, 11:32:15 AM

Did he have turtle tattoos? Watch out, man!
I failed to check.  :Embarrass:

Caliga

A lot of homeless people seem to live on the beach here, but they're really friendly.  Most of them greeted me with a smile or a 'hello' or 'hola' (ok, mostly 'hola' :) ) and didn't beg.

I also took a picture of some homo pride sculpture for Mart. :)

Caliga

Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport = not as nice as Santa Barbara Airport.  :yuk:

Caliga

Aborted landing in Charlotte.  I vented my rage into one of the airport toilets.  Burger King torpedo FTW.