And we're back!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara/Orange County

Started by Caliga, August 22, 2011, 06:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2011, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
You see, this is what happens when you make the decision to go whole hog into the psycho Southern church thing to score young pussy, Ed.  You go in, but you don't know how deep you're going.

Sure, you think you can handle meeting the family and going to services.  Gotta impress the Moms, you know.

You even manage to convince yourself that, hey, snake handling's not all that big of a deal, and it's not even poisonous, I can tell by the shape of the head.

So you score yourself your childbride, and before you know it you wind up a fucking David Koresh, up to your ass in converted upper receivers, inert grenades and too many children of the fucking corn freaky twins.

Enjoy your apocalypse.

:lmfao:

Now tell me you wouldn't change places with him Seedy. :contract:

:mad:  :unsure: :cry:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Oh neat;  in the second or third week in October, I may be up the coast the in Morro Bay/Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area on vacation;  not sure yet on the exact dates, though.

Have a steak.

http://www.mclintocks.com/

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 11:00:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Oh neat;  in the second or third week in October, I may be up the coast the in Morro Bay/Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area on vacation;  not sure yet on the exact dates, though.

Have a steak.

http://www.mclintocks.com/

Fantastic place;  definitely try the frank and beans lunch sometime, which is literally a large frank under a plate of baked beans.

Caliga

Admin booked my flights today.  I have seven hours between the time I'm done in SB and my first flight takes off.  Guess I gotta find something to do. :hmm:

My flight back is SB -> Phoenix -> Charlotte -> Louisville. :bleeding:

I shoulda just flown out of Cincinnati. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 22, 2011, 06:55:39 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2011, 06:49:56 PM
I'll probably be leaving on a Saturday, but most likely in the early morning.

*double checks estimated driving time*

4 hour trip is probably a bit of a reach to manage a Friday night dinner.

Hmm, if it's Friday the 7th turns out we will have the day off, as us federal slackers get a 4-day weekend for Columbus day.

So if I don't get dragged to Vegas by friends, this idea is more viable.

Caliga

The IT Director is going too, and he booked a flight to LAX and is gonna drive there and back.  I should have done this, and would have arranged my plans to correlate with his.  I knew he was going so I dunno why I didn't think to do this. :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2011, 07:42:17 PM
My flight back is SB -> Phoenix -> Charlotte -> Louisville. :bleeding:

Good Lord. 

What are the chances your baggage makes it to Loouhville?

Caliga

Based on prior experiences? 0%.  But that'll be going home, so I should be ok waiting a few days for it to show up.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2011, 06:24:42 PM
The second week of October, I'll definitely be in Santa Barbara for three days and I may swing down to the office in Newport Beach for the other two... not sure yet.

I'll be pretty busy but should have some downtime.  Anything interesting to do in either of these places?

The marina in Newport Beach is worth a visit if you happen to like yachts.  Santa Monica has the pier, which is worthwhile.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Admiral Yi

Incidentally I'm flying back from Sacto to Cedar Rapids via Houston, which seems pretty bass ackward to me.

Caliga

Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 29, 2011, 06:50:38 PM
The marina in Newport Beach is worth a visit if you happen to like yachts.  Santa Monica has the pier, which is worthwhile.
I'll eventually get down there (not going this trip) and our office in Newport Beach is right by the marina.

PDH

Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 29, 2011, 06:50:38 PM
That was where we always docked before a Transpac.  Good friend of my grandfather had a house right on the water in Newport.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Larch

Don't forget to visit the banana stand.

Caliga