Google dude: 90% of people don't know how to use CTRL+F

Started by Syt, August 22, 2011, 06:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2011, 12:44:59 PM
I use Ctrl-T a lot because it opens a new tab in a web browser.

:secret: Cmd-T since you are a Mac user.
+T

Barrister

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 23, 2011, 01:06:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2011, 12:44:59 PM
I use Ctrl-T a lot because it opens a new tab in a web browser.

:secret: Cmd-T since you are a Mac user.
+T

:rolleyes:

I already made that joke.

Plus I'm a Windows user at work.  :yucky:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on August 23, 2011, 11:49:24 AM
Where did I claim I was "superior?"

You know what I find hilarious.  Its that you come across and an arrogant ass and dont even know it.

Warspite

I use Ctrl-H a lot: the editor's friend.

Win+D is also a useful one.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 23, 2011, 02:09:09 PM
You know what I find hilarious.  Its that you come across and an arrogant ass and dont even know it.
You know what I find hilarious?  That, when challenged, you pretend that the answer is so obvious to you (but not to others) that a non-response doesn't destroy the cred of your claim.

You make bullshit pronouncements and, when challenged to back them, follow them with bullshit pronouncements to the effect that you don't need to back up your bullshit pronouncements... and then call others arrogant asses!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Warspite on August 23, 2011, 03:33:49 PM
I use Ctrl-H a lot: the editor's friend.

Is there a handy listing of these sorts of tricks for those of us not as bright as Grumbler who is able to discern such things beyond the powers of mere mortals?

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on August 22, 2011, 06:36:47 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 22, 2011, 06:29:24 AM
I'm only the 2nd generation standing upright. Could you explain this a little better? :huh:
What do you mean?  Explain how pushing the ctrl and F keys simultaneously gives you a search text box, or explain what a "search anthropologist" is?

:lol:

You are a stupid man's idiot.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 23, 2011, 03:59:05 PM
Is there a handy listing of these sorts of tricks for those of us not as bright as Grumbler who is able to discern such things beyond the powers of mere mortals?
Ironically, yes; as I pointed out in my first post in this thread, which you attacked but apparently did not read, the shortcuts are listed in the dropdown menus.

Not every possible command is implemented or implemented in the same way in every application, so you have to use the dropdowns (or read the documentation) to find out which ones are applicable.  For instance, click on the edit button in your browser.  You may or may not see "replace CTRL + H" listed (it isn't implemented in Firefox; CTRL + H is implemented as "history").

Like I said, this isn't rocket science.  Even you should be able to figure it out, if you try hard enough and get help with the big words in my posts.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 07:23:27 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 23, 2011, 03:59:05 PM
Ironically, yes; as I pointed out in my first post in this thread, which you attacked but apparently did not read, the shortcuts are listed in the dropdown menus.

Not every possible command is implemented or implemented in the same way in every application, so you have to use the dropdowns (or read the documentation) to find out which ones are applicable.  For instance, click on the edit button in your browser.  You may or may not see "replace CTRL + H" listed (it isn't implemented in Firefox; CTRL + H is implemented as "history").

Like I said, this isn't rocket science.  Even you should be able to figure it out, if you try hard enough and get help with the big words in my posts.

Based on this thread, I'm guessing that the ALT commands would blow CC's mind!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2011, 09:02:22 AM
Based on this thread, I'm guessing that the ALT commands would blow CC's mind!
Or CTRL + SHIFT commands!  :homestar:

Bayraktar!

DGuller

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on August 24, 2011, 09:19:11 AM
This thread needs a CTRL + ALT + DEL. :bleeding:
:lol:  You don't actually know what CTRL + ALT + DEL does, do you?

Try it and find out.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 09:23:35 AM
:lol:  You don't actually know what CTRL + ALT + DEL does, do you?

Not sure what is so humorous about opening a Windows logon menu...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 09:25:43 AM
Not sure what is so humorous about opening a Windows logon menu...
It is the fact that DG imagines that it does something to "this thread" that is amusing.

Bayraktar!