Bachmann Staffer Arrested for Terrorism in Uganda in 2006

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2011, 06:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2011, 09:54:14 AM
It's not like the Bachman campaign has been pretending to be gay-friendly.
Agreed, and she has staffers as clearly batty as she is herself (Waldron being just an example, as far as I can see - her press secretary apparently has tried to coerce reporters to erase video clips that show Bachmann doing foolish things)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 10:28:52 AM
Maybe the one that says 'Bachman Campaign's Link to Uganda's kill the gays bill' we are discussing in this thread?
Did you read that article?  It says nothing about any actual links to "Uganda's Kill The Gays Bill" other than that someone knew someone who may have been involved in that campaign (though it doesn't actually say anyone was so linked).

Story titles are not facts, and links to them are not indicative of anything but lazy linking.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 10:33:38 AM
Did you read that article?  It says nothing about any actual links to "Uganda's Kill The Gays Bill" other than that someone knew someone who may have been involved in that campaign (though it doesn't actually say anyone was so linked).

Story titles are not facts.

Of course I read the article.  One of her key campaign staffers was somehow linked to the primary sponsor of the kill gays bill.  Not very convincing but she is already vulnerable to that sort of accusation politically.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

Doesnn't sound like the kind of thing that will get any traction beyond those who hate her anyway.

Her stated policies like $2 gallon gas should be enough to persaude anyone halfway sane that she would be a disaster in high office of any kind.

Valmy

Quote from: Gups on August 24, 2011, 11:09:39 AM
Doesnn't sound like the kind of thing that will get any traction beyond those who hate her anyway.

Good point.  She is only really being talked about for the nom since her home state is Iowa anyway.  Totally artificial.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2011, 06:27:51 AM
I want to see how she's going to explain this. :lmfao:

I doubt there is much to explain.  He was a arrested by the secret police of a corrupt regime.  Clearly, he's some kind of nut, but I doubt that will hurt Bachmann amongst the black helicopter crowd which makes up her base.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2011, 11:11:03 AM
Good point.  She is only really being talked about for the nom since her home state is Iowa anyway.  Totally artificial.

So far I've talked to three people (all self-identified Tea Partiers) who are gung ho for Bachman.  I don't think she's fake.

I'm curious if anyone else here knows any Tea Partiers personally.  Caligula?  Arugala?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2011, 11:35:39 AM

So far I've talked to three people (all self-identified Tea Partiers) who are gung ho for Bachman.  I don't think she's fake.

I'm curious if anyone else here knows any Tea Partiers personally.  Caligula?  Arugala?

I do. Split between crazy eyes and RON PAUL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2011, 11:35:39 AM

I don't consort with crazy people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Gups

My feeling, just from reading stuff about the GOP primaries, is that Bachman has a solid chance of representing the tea party wing of the Repub party. I reckon she'll fight it out with Perry for a play off against the Mormon. So Iowa is pretty important as always, although S.Carolina arguably more so.