Bachmann Staffer Arrested for Terrorism in Uganda in 2006

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2011, 06:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Does the Ugandan government have a reputation for being on the level?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2011, 06:46:32 AM
Does the Ugandan government have a reputation for being on the level?

A long history of being on the level.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on August 24, 2011, 06:27:51 AM
I want to see how she's going to explain this. :lmfao:
The charges were dropped.  I don't see that she has anything to explain.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 07:37:30 AM
The charges were dropped. 

The charges were dropped, according to the man himself, due to political pressure from the Bush admin, which does leave open the question of whether the charges had valid basis.
But another question is whether she should have to answer for all the actions ever taken by anyone who happens to work for her.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 24, 2011, 08:41:28 AM
The charges were dropped, according to the man himself, due to political pressure from the Bush admin, which does leave open the question of whether the charges had valid basis.
True, though it appears that there were serious questions about what the charges actually were, and how and why they were dropped.  I'd call it a pretty clear case of shenanigans on the part of both Waldron and the Ugandan government.

QuoteBut another question is whether she should have to answer for all the actions ever taken by anyone who happens to work for her.
Probably true, though she should have to answer charges about why she would hire someone who had actually been convicted of spying, terrorism, gun-running, or whatever it was that he was actually arrested for.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

His role in advancing the "kill the gays" bill is nothing you find worthy of explaining?  :huh:

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2011, 09:41:11 AM

His role in advancing the "kill the gays" bill is nothing you find worthy of explaining?  :huh:
Why should it be?  Lots of Americans advanced that bill.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

It's not like the Bachman campaign has been pretending to be gay-friendly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2011, 09:54:14 AM
It's not like the Bachman campaign has been pretending to be gay-friendly.

True which makes her more vulnerable to accusations she was backing the 'kill gays' bill than she is a backer of terrorism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

I haven't seen anything that says he actually advanced any bills in Uganda. Got a link?

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 24, 2011, 10:21:56 AM
I haven't seen anything that says he actually advanced any bills in Uganda. Got a link?

Maybe the one that says 'Bachman Campaign's Link to Uganda's kill the gays bill' we are discussing in this thread?