Canada to firmly re-assess its status as a British colony

Started by viper37, August 15, 2011, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

... and what that means is that modern liberal principles are wrong, because the Empire sure as hell wasn't.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

You can keep India out for being fucking poor.

Instead, have the United States. :)

Or both.  I believe ethnic Anglos outnumber any ethnicity on the subcontinent.  We're one of the most populous peoples in the world, short of the Han.  Even if you only count biological Anglos, it's like 300 million, and if you count cultural Anglos, it's more than 400 million.

Yes, obviously, I'm counting the Scots and Irish, who are just Anglos with obnoxious accents, like myself, and would do well to stop pretending they aren't.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

I didn't realize India was a Dominion for a short time before getting independence. However, Indian culture, language and political history are obviously radically different from the other dominions. South Africa's culture and political history are likewise distinct. I was speaking of the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 18, 2011, 10:27:52 PM

I would not be opposed to an Anglo-American Confederation, depending on how the governmental system would be hashed out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2011, 09:20:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 18, 2011, 06:33:57 PM
The crown of the UK (and therefor Canada) has descended from The Conquest by blood.

From an even more ancient conquest.  The Crown of the UK (and probably most of the population of the UK by now...) is descended from Cerdic the Saxon from Henry I's wife Matilda I believe.
Doesn't the House of Windsor claim to be directly descended from Odin?

1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 03:22:51 PM
No.

We signed treaties (which the natives are still very keen on us following, BTW) where they agreed to move into reserations that were already on their traditional land.  The whole forced migration of entire tribes is a very American phenomenon.

In America we see subhuman, mongoloidal pieces of refuse wearing animal feces smeared on their face and living in tents and scalping people for a good time and we say "yeah, we're white and have guns we aren't going to have this bullshit around here" and we take care of the fucking problems.

Canadians prove they are cut from a different cloth (perhaps silk or velvet) and embrace them and 200 years later suck the cock of every alcoholic dumbfuck native that lives on a reservation on a pile of welfare money with QE2's face on it.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 18, 2011, 10:46:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 03:22:51 PM
No.

We signed treaties (which the natives are still very keen on us following, BTW) where they agreed to move into reserations that were already on their traditional land.  The whole forced migration of entire tribes is a very American phenomenon.

In America we see subhuman, mongoloidal pieces of refuse wearing animal feces smeared on their face and living in tents and scalping people for a good time and we say "yeah, we're white and have guns we aren't going to have this bullshit around here" and we take care of the fucking problems.

Canadians prove they are cut from a different cloth (perhaps silk or velvet) and embrace them and 200 years later suck the cock of every alcoholic dumbfuck native that lives on a reservation on a pile of welfare money with QE2's face on it.

Fuck you Otto.

I know, and am friends with, quite a few First Nations (or Indian if you will) people.  The fact you would call them "subhuman, mongoloidal pieces of refuse" speaks poorly of you, not them.

I call Slargos on his racist shit, and I'll call you on it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Unlike Slargos, Otto is clearly trolling and/or belligerently drunk.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2011, 10:31:04 PM
I didn't realize India was a Dominion for a short time before getting independence. However, Indian culture, language and political history are obviously radically different from the other dominions. South Africa's culture and political history are likewise distinct. I was speaking of the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Tell me - what possible justification do you have for classifying the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada together, other than on "racial" lines?

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2011, 10:32:54 PM

I would not be opposed to an Anglo-American Confederation, depending on how the governmental system would be hashed out.

Ours.

There, done!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 11:36:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2011, 10:31:04 PM

Tell me - what possible justification do you have for classifying the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada together, other than on "racial" lines?
I already mentioned them. Language, Culture and Political History. Isn't New Zealand half aborigine?

They are predominately English speaking countries, whose political, religious/philosophical and popular culture are virtually identical.

Indians don't speak English as a native language, and less then 10% speak it at all. The culture (religious, political, and popular) is vastly different from the aforementioned countries, being based on a completely different historical foundation. 

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 18, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

Ours.

There, done!
If we're designing a new democratic government from scratch I think we can do a little better than what we or the British have right now.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2011, 11:36:31 PM

They get along with each other.  India is not so friendly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 19, 2011, 12:12:32 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 18, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

Ours.

There, done!
If we're designing a new democratic government from scratch I think we can do a little better than what we or the British have right now.

Disagree.  The Westminster system is the ultimate democratic system devised to date.