Canada to firmly re-assess its status as a British colony

Started by viper37, August 15, 2011, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Oliver's Army still don't get no love from the Royals  :bowler: :hmm:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

so they're changing the name? big woop. Also, what costs are they bitching about? new stationary or something?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

At last.  How anyone can think that this decision is shameful is beyond me.  You live in a constitutional monarchy.  If you don't like it, go live in some hellhole like the US or France.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on August 15, 2011, 08:45:24 PM
so they're changing the name? big woop. Also, what costs are they bitching about? new stationary or something?
I think they're saying that they'd be mad if they split up the administration into three independent services, because of the cost of duplicating the administration across three branches.  It's an argument that has evolved from watching the wastefulness and general uselessness of the USAF.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

do they have to make different administrations because of the names changes?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Hey you could have joined up with us in 1776 if you wanted to.  Now that was a shameful decision.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2011, 09:13:50 PM
Hey you could have joined up with us in 1776 if you wanted to.  Now that was a shameful decision.
:yes:

Rather than invade Quebec, Arnold should have assisted Eddy in his attempt to take Fort Cumberland in Nova Scotia.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 15, 2011, 08:52:45 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 15, 2011, 08:45:24 PM
I think they're saying that they'd be mad if they split up the administration into three independent services, because of the cost of duplicating the administration across three branches.  It's an argument that has evolved from watching the wastefulness and general uselessness of the USAF.

There was a viable period there between the end of WWII and when the United States renounced terror bombing.

Anyway, it slipped past me that Canada had ever changed the names.  That's what happens when your closest ally betrays you, you stop paying attention to its useless wee armed forces.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Scipio

Quote from: dps on August 15, 2011, 09:18:54 PM
Like Canada has a real navy anymore.
I hear they fought Spain to standstill in the 1990s.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2011, 09:28:49 PMThere was a viable period there between the end of WWII and when the United States renounced terror bombing.

Anyway, it slipped past me that Canada had ever changed the names.  That's what happens when your closest ally betrays you, you stop paying attention to its useless wee armed forces.

When did Canada betray the US?

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2011, 09:36:55 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2011, 09:28:49 PMThere was a viable period there between the end of WWII and when the United States renounced terror bombing.

When did Canada betray the US?

You were not willing to fight fascism. :bowler:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)