Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Viking on August 12, 2011, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 12, 2011, 12:18:09 PM
England declared at 710-7 in the 3rd Test against India at Edgbaston. Cook got 294. India are now 10-1 in their 2nd innings and trail by 480 runs.
294?  That's quite impressive.

Cricket is exciting to watch.

Did England force the follow on and what day are we on? I presume the wicket is hard as concrete with England fielding only one bowler?

That was day 3, India were all out for 224 in their first innings, then our guys ran up that massive score. India are now 35-1, the weather might be a problem though  :hmm:

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on August 12, 2011, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 12, 2011, 12:18:09 PM
England declared at 710-7 in the 3rd Test against India at Edgbaston. Cook got 294. India are now 10-1 in their 2nd innings and trail by 480 runs.
294?  That's quite impressive.

Cricket is exciting to watch.

Did England force the follow on and what day are we on? I presume the wicket is hard as concrete with England fielding only one bowler?

Third. India bowled out for a desultory total and Cook had the knock of a lifetime. England could not enforce a follow on as they did not bat first.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Bluebook

I just watched an interview on swedish television with a couple of the looters. Dear God...is that England these days? How the mighty have fallen.

One of the looters said he was stealing stuff for his son. The looter was 16 years old. The other looter said he was forced to steal because he didnt get a job despite "doing the best he could, like being polite and stuff".

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.  :( :bowler:

Ideologue

Quote from: Bluebook on August 12, 2011, 02:07:37 PM
I just watched an interview on swedish television with a couple of the looters. Dear God...is that England these days? How the mighty have fallen.

One of the looters said he was stealing stuff for his son. The looter was 16 years old. The other looter said he was forced to steal because he didnt get a job despite "doing the best he could, like being polite and stuff".

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.  :( :bowler:

Would you rather him have been impolite?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Warspite

Quote from: Bluebook on August 12, 2011, 02:07:37 PM

Really? You shoudl see what Wellington had to say about his troops.

The only difference between today and then is that then, we shipped our troublesome youth abroad in the navy or army, or they died of TB at the age of 26 anyway.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

HVC

After trying to follow this cricket talk i too have gotten the urge to riot.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2011, 03:09:13 PM
After trying to follow this cricket talk i too have gotten the urge to riot.

:lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 12, 2011, 02:01:52 PM

That was day 3, India were all out for 224 in their first innings, then our guys ran up that massive score. India are now 35-1, the weather might be a problem though  :hmm:

This; Is; England!!!!!!11111oneoenoen

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on August 12, 2011, 01:49:09 PM
Typical England batsman, can't survive the nervous 290s. :rolleyes:

Ah.. I still remember Mike Atherton's 185 in 1995. That was the knock that taught me to love and know cricket.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on August 12, 2011, 03:14:58 PM
Quote from: Warspite on August 12, 2011, 01:49:09 PM
Typical England batsman, can't survive the nervous 290s. :rolleyes:

Ah.. I still remember Mike Atherton's 185 in 1995. That was the knock that taught me to love and know cricket.

Fun fact: the England batting line up would go on to not score 185 runs - in total - for the rest of the decade.

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Brazen

We've been thrashed by the Welsh at Rugby :weep:

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on August 13, 2011, 12:48:14 PM
We've been thrashed by the Welsh at Rugby :weep:

Oh well, in a week where you get thrashed at economics by reality and by yobs at civilization it doesn't surprise me that you get thrashed at the thing that the welsh are second best at.

If you have to ask what the welsh are best at then I just have to tell you that singing is third. 

Richard Hakluyt

England won by an innings and 242 runs, to go 3-0 up in the series and become the world's #1 test side  :cool:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 12:52:18 PM
Oh well, in a week where you get thrashed at economics by reality and by yobs at civilization it doesn't surprise me that you get thrashed at the thing that the welsh are second best at.

If you have to ask what the welsh are best at then I just have to tell you that singing is third.

Drinking and "nuclear physics" both spring to mind.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2011, 01:39:26 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 12:52:18 PM

Drinking and "nuclear physics" both spring to mind.  :hmm:

Nuclear Physics? I don't know any Physicists named Jones, Williams or Davies?