Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Warspite on August 12, 2011, 11:55:46 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2011, 11:17:50 AM
46 pages. I haven't been paying much attention. Can someone sum up what is actually going on?

Drug dealer/nice family man (depending on who you ask) shot at police/was shot ...

I hope that helps.

POTM  :D

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on August 12, 2011, 11:55:46 AM
- Arsenal. Arsene Wenger simply hasn't strengthened the squad for this season's title challenge.

I hope that helps.

Since the riots started in Tottenham Wenger's inability to replace Nasri and Fabregas should be causes for celebration, especially since Modric isn't going to my end of town. (yay, go Chelsea!!!)(cmon Tamas, support me on this...)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Richard Hakluyt

England declared at 710-7 in the 3rd Test against India at Edgbaston. Cook got 294. India are now 10-1 in their 2nd innings and trail by 480 runs.

Eddie Teach

Scoring in cricket makes absolutely no sense to me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 12, 2011, 12:36:41 PM

It's a tired old meme, but I'm sure you meant to say...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 12:38:48 PM

he who enjoys curling should not cast the first stone :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2011, 12:40:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 12:38:48 PM

But if you don't have the hammer, you have to throw the first stone. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2011, 12:40:56 PM

Curling scoring rules were much simpler. IIRC, the team with the closest stone gets 1-3 points each round, depending how many of their stones are closer than other team's.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Hmmm..............let me simplify........England are winning  :cool:

Warspite

I expect the London Indian community to burn down Finchley tonight.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2011, 05:24:29 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2011, 04:39:50 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 11, 2011, 05:37:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 11, 2011, 02:17:13 PM
"[Britain is] two nations between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy; who are as ignorant of each other's habits, thoughts, and feelings, as if they were dwellers in different zones, or inhabitants of different planets. The rich and the poor."
- Benjamin Disraeli
This isn't 1870 anymore.  Otherwise, you would be busy getting beaten to death in the Russian Empire for you unsavory crimes.

This reminds me of something a history lecturer of mine said. The Russian Empire was quite gentle with its subject peoples compared to some. When in 1905 some Finns staged a protest against the Russian government, they were dispersed by cossacks with whips. The British Empire would have sent in the machine guns. :bowler:

Finland is hardly representative of the Russian empire.

Yeah. What a load of bollocks. Russians were one of the most brutal ones, especially during the 19th century. Poles had some of the best comparison here, living under three different empires for over a century, and the Russian part was considered to have by far the worst political conditions. Austrians were the most benevolent, and Prussians were strict but recognized the rule of law. Russians were lawless and brutal thugs.

Of course, Poles were asking for it with their constant rebellions.

Neil

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 12, 2011, 12:18:09 PM
England declared at 710-7 in the 3rd Test against India at Edgbaston. Cook got 294. India are now 10-1 in their 2nd innings and trail by 480 runs.
294?  That's quite impressive.

Cricket is exciting to watch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 01:42:58 PM

Did England force the follow on and what day are we on? I presume the wicket is hard as concrete with England fielding only one bowler?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Typical England batsman, can't survive the nervous 290s. :rolleyes:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 01:42:58 PM

I watched a cricket match some kids were playing at USC for a few minutes.  I didn't understand what was going on, and I was hungry, so I left.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)