Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 05:20:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2011, 05:00:51 AM
I was just following a Brit friend of mine who thought the song appropriate, considering the riots were spreading to Birmingham. I also thought you were a The Smiths' fan. I've never heard of the other bands you mention.  :huh:
I was a Smiths fan back in the 80s but I can't stomach Morrissey's EDF-friendly anti-immigration rants, especially now he refuses to live in Britain because of an "immigration explosion".
Right. You told me to start listening to The Smiths so now it's your fault when I quote them. :P

Brazen

You can't make this shit up.

QuoteIran urges UK to restrain police

Iran has called on the British police to exercise restraint against people protesting over the killing of a Black man in London.

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast urged the British government to order the police to stop their violent confrontation with the people, IRNA reported in the early hours of Tuesday.

Mehmanparast asked the British government to start dialogue with the protesters and to listen to their demands in order to calm the situation down.

The Iranian official also asked independent human rights organizations to investigate the killing in order to protect the civil rights and civil liberties.

The unrest began on Saturday when a few hundred people gathered outside a police station in Tottenham to protest against the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan on Thursday.

The protesters also set a bus and buildings on fire on High Road and broke many shop windows.

Turmoil is now threatening to sweep across all of Britain as the unfolding mayhem and looting has also raged the central city of Birmingham, the western city of Bristol, the northwestern city of Liverpool, and south London neighborhood of Brixton.

Turmoil is now threatening to sweep across all of Britain as the mayhem and looting has also spread to the central city of Birmingham, the western city of Bristol, the northwestern city of Liverpool, and south London neighborhood of Brixton.

Police said they have arrested more than 200 people since the unrest began.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/193030.html

Tamas

mongers

Ironic people should be discussing protest music in this thread, when it transpires that the fire at the Sony depot took out a large chunk of the British independent record labels stock:

The UK's independent music scene has been rocked by the destruction of a warehouse in Enfield which contained stock from many British labels.

Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (DADC) in Enfield held stock from distributor PIAS, which licenses and distributes music from around 165 of Britain's independent labels, including Rough Trade, Beggars, Ninja Tune, Domino and Warp. The full list can be found  on the Drowned in Sound message boards, but covers almost every important record label in the country.

rest of article here:
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-08/09/indie-labels-warehouse

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Clearly then this is proof this was the work of charvas and not studenty anarchist sorts.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 01:33:27 AM
One of the kids they interviewed from the hidden safety of his hoodie claimed it was all because they don't have a youth club to go to. Perhaps they could volunteer at an old folks' home. Big Society that, my friend.
:lol:

Is Labour coaching the kids or something?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Just saw on BBC (don't tell my boss) this video of a young (I think colored, but whatever) kid sitting beside of a bridge or something, clearly injured/hurt, with a bunch of hoodies around him. One of them helped him up, helped him stand, looked like he asked how he was.

All the while his buddy opened the backpack on the back of this kid and looted it calmly, then they left.

fucking scum, get out the teargas and rubber bullets already.

Brazen

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2011, 07:02:37 AM
Just saw on BBC (don't tell my boss) this video of a young (I think colored, but whatever) kid sitting beside of a bridge or something, clearly injured/hurt, with a bunch of hoodies around him. One of them helped him up, helped him stand, looked like he asked how he was.

All the while his buddy opened the backpack on the back of this kid and looted it calmly, then they left.

I think he's Asian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

An interview with some of the Croydon looters. Enlightening isn't the word.
http://audioboo.fm/boos/434411-leana-hosea-speaks-to-croydon-looters-on-bbcworldservice

Tamas

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 07:16:58 AM

I think he's Asian.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/434411-leana-hosea-speaks-to-croydon-looters-on-bbcworldservice

:bleeding:

Martinus

Unconfirmed, apparently there is the first fatality.

Tamas

We should send our riot police. In 2006, they did not fuck around, and shot nazi thugs in the face with rubber-laden shotguns.  :showoff:

Ed Anger

I can't fully enjoy watching this riot on TV. A little voice pops up in my head and reminds me there are brits I know living in London.

Fucking conscience.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

QuoteLondon riots: Man, 26, shot in Croydon dies in hospital

A 26-year-old man shot in a car during riots in Croydon has died in hospital.

The Metropolitan Police's Operation Trident began an investigation after the man was found with gunshot wounds in his car on Monday night.

Violence spread across Hackney, Peckham, Croydon, Ealing and to parts of east and north London on Monday.

There will be 16,000 police officers on the streets of London on Tuesday night, as the Met described Monday's rioting as "the worst" it has seen recently.

Up to 525 people were arrested and 100 charged over rioting and looting which began on Saturday in Tottenham.

The number of officers was increased by Prime Minister David Cameron after the third consecutive nights of riots in the capital.

The additional officers, including community support officers, have been made available since 12:00 BST on Tuesday until Wednesday morning.

The Met have also released 15 CCTV images showing looting in Croydon and Norwood Road.

The images will be put on Flickr, police said.

Ambulance crews attacked

The shot man was found in a car at about 21:15 BST in Warrington Road, Croydon junction with Dupass Hill, police said.

On Monday evening disorder began in Hackney and spread to Croydon, Clapham, Camden, Lewisham, Peckham, Newham, East Ham, Enfield, Woolwich, Ealing and Colliers Wood.

About 6,000 police officers were on duty, including officers from neighbouring forces.

Mr Godwin said: "The key bit for me is that it's a sad day for London; it's a sad event that we saw overnight.

"This is not just a game. This is criminality, this is burglary, this is violence, and we will pursue each and every one that has been involved in this.

"So stop it now, because we will be there tonight. This isn't spectator (sport)."

After chairing a Cobra meeting, Mr Cameron said: "We will do everything necessary to strengthen and assist those police forces that are meeting the disorder".

He also recalled Parliament for a day.

The Met and London Fire Brigade (LFB) said they had had their busiest night, with the Met taking 20,800 emergency calls overnight and LFB answering 2,169 calls since Monday evening.

London Ambulance Service said "missiles were thrown" at vehicles and crew members.

Earlier Kit Malthouse, deputy mayor for London, said police cells were full and 44 officers had been injured, four of whom suffered serious injuries.

The trouble began after police shot a man dead in Tottenham.

A peaceful protest in Tottenham on Saturday over the fatal shooting by police of Mark Duggan, 29, was followed by violence which spread into Sunday.

An inquest heard that Mr Duggan was shot dead by a single bullet wound to the chest.

Fucking animals.

Slargos

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 07:16:58 AM

I think he's Asian.

Jesus. :bleeding:

A cleansing by fire will be the only way to sort this out.