Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
Quote22.50 Earlier tonight Turkish and Kurdish shopowners in the Stoke Newington area of North London were guarding their premises with baseball bats. There are reports now of "hundreds" of young turkish men chasing a group of young black men down nearby Kingsland Road, Hackney.

1) Turks are cool.

2) Where is the fuck do brits get baseball bats from? You'd think that would be fairly rare.

3) Are they wood or aluminum bats?

I have a strong suspicion that they are the kind of bats you couldn't play baseball with. They used to sell them a lot in Poland in the 1990s when crime was much more rife. People who never played baseball would carry one under their driver's seat. They are very good at smashing faces.

Tamas

One would think that baseball bats which can break in skulls can also hit a ball.

Tamas

OMG a thread of mine has been: stickied

Brazen

Well it did come back to Enfield last night. They burned down a Sony Warehouse. Probably because they found it only stored games, CDs and DVDs, not TVs. No Playstation games for months, silly homies.

Brazen

OK, they got Playstations too. Didn't see the coverage last night, hell of a blaze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK5ecuxXyYM&feature=player_embedded

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:43:11 PM2) Where is the fuck do brits get baseball bats from? You'd think that would be fairly rare.

They probably call them rounders bats. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Brazen

We were discussing at work when it's likely to stop. The consensus was "When the schools go back," sadly.

Edit: or when it rains.

Brazen

The England friendly against Holland at Wembley tomorrow has been called off. Doesn't bode well for the Olympics next year.

Tamas

Well, all of them could furnish their home fully, then just stop?

Brazen

Someone asked earlier whether homes were being hit. Yes, people live above all the shops that have been set alight.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 01:48:16 AM
Your choice of an anti Royalist rant by a racist, militantly vegetarian nutter is inappropriate and distasteful. You need to look back to the late 70s and 80s riots for a sound track for disaffected youth. Try Babylon's Burning by the Ruts or Ghost Town by The Specials.

There are no protests songs any more - Cher Lloyd, JLS and The Wanted are the top 3 FFS. There may be youth messages in rap, but neither helpful or as widely listened to as people would have you believe.

I was just following a Brit friend of mine who thought the song appropriate, considering the riots were spreading to Birmingham. I also thought you were a The Smiths' fan. I've never heard of the other bands you mention.  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2011, 03:57:19 AM
We were discussing at work when it's likely to stop. The consensus was "When the schools go back," sadly.

Edit: or when it rains.

Do these people even go to schools?

Josquius

First I heard of this was this morning. Strange times.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2011, 05:00:51 AM
I was just following a Brit friend of mine who thought the song appropriate, considering the riots were spreading to Birmingham. I also thought you were a The Smiths' fan. I've never heard of the other bands you mention.  :huh:
I was a Smiths fan back in the 80s but I can't stomach Morrissey's EDF-friendly anti-immigration rants, especially now he refuses to live in Britain because of an "immigration explosion".