Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I should mention that it's not just looting, there's plenty of reports of violent assaults; I watched earlier on channel 4 news, a typical 20-something tattooed Londoner describing how he saw people being attacked because they were trying to defend a bus driver, he could believe what he was seeing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:27:51 PM
So, is there a chance I'm going to see some Paras in the streets when I wake up tomorrow and turn on the news?  :bowler:

Or is Cameron going to be a pussy?   :homestar:

Nil, iirc there's very little military presence in the capital, the blues and royals and the RHA, that's 200-400 men, plus some guardsmen at the barracks on birdcage walk, a battalion at woolwich barracks, surely there must be more ? :unsure:

Then you have to start looking further afield like Essex, Aldershot etc.

OK found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_District_(British_Army)

So there might be 2,000-2,500* regular soldiers in Greater London.

*assuming no overseas deployments.

Martim Silva

So, I guess this is the official end of the British Empire?  :hmm:

I mean, isn't it standard to say the Empire ends when the barbarians torch and loot the capital at will?

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2011, 06:09:17 PM

Something like this?

I guess this was made before we knew the Chetniks were collaborators.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote22.50 Earlier tonight Turkish and Kurdish shopowners in the Stoke Newington area of North London were guarding their premises with baseball bats. There are reports now of "hundreds" of young turkish men chasing a group of young black men down nearby Kingsland Road, Hackney.

1) Turks are cool.

2) Where is the fuck do brits get baseball bats from? You'd think that would be fairly rare.

3) Are they wood or aluminum bats?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Well, they're Turks, so the normal application of the bats is probably in wife-beating activities. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Spellus is creaming his pants at the mention of Turks fighting.

mongers

Unmanned police station on fire in Handsworth, Birmingham.  :hmm:

Another report from Brazen's neck of the wood, the large Sony warehouse at Enfield is on fire.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
Quote22.50 Earlier tonight Turkish and Kurdish shopowners in the Stoke Newington area of North London were guarding their premises with baseball bats. There are reports now of "hundreds" of young turkish men chasing a group of young black men down nearby Kingsland Road, Hackney.

1) Turks are cool.

2) Where is the fuck do brits get baseball bats from? You'd think that would be fairly rare.

3) Are they wood or aluminum bats?

Neither.  They are Aluminium.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2011, 06:44:53 PM
Well, they're Turks, so the normal application of the bats is probably in wifeArmenian-beating activities. :)
Thanks for reminding me about Spellus, Ed. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2011, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2011, 06:44:53 PM
Well, they're Turks, so the normal application of the bats is probably in wifeArmenian-beating activities. :)
Thanks for reminding me about Spellus, Ed. :cool:

I'm here for you man.  :hug:

mongers

Cars set alight in Toxteth, Liverpool.

Queequeg

:lmfao:

Weeks after ABB, the Turks are the only people with the balls to defend European property and livelihood from hordes of Godless chavs.  I'm not surprised by this at all. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:27:51 PM
So, is there a chance I'm going to see some Paras in the streets when I wake up tomorrow and turn on the news?  :bowler:

Or is Cameron going to be a pussy?   :homestar:

Nil, iirc there's very little military presence in the capital, the blues and royals and the RHA, that's 200-400 men, plus some guardsmen at the barracks on birdcage walk, a battalion at woolwich barracks, surely there must be more ? :unsure:

Then you have to start looking further afield like Essex, Aldershot etc.

OK found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_District_(British_Army)

So there might be 2,000-2,500* regular soldiers in Greater London.

*assuming no overseas deployments.

Yes, but the guards regiments will be formed in concentric circles around kensington, whitehall, the city etc. rather than putting on scarlet jackets and riding through the streets.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Yet more fires in Croydon; a small block of buildings are on fire in the north of the suburb; the helicopter footage makes it look a bit like a part of the blitz.

edit:
This is getting fucking stupid, Cameron is going to have to grow a pair tomorrow morning and really stamp this out.