News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Caprica

Started by Grallon, April 21, 2009, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

All right boys and fags, the new series Caprica, prequel to BSG, begins today.  That is the promotional pilot is launched on DVD today.  You can also pay and download it from SCIFI.  The series itself will be aired on SCIFI - or SyFy by then I guess - come january 2010.

Here's a long trailor.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8bMjsLdVU

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Now that your usual contribution has been tended, kindly stay out of this thread.  :hug:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 21, 2009, 08:52:01 AM
Now that your usual contribution has been tended, kindly stay out of this thread.  :hug:

G.

Will do.  Fool me once and that's enough.  I don't need these people to fool me twice before I quit watching their crap! :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Wow, faster than I expected it.
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

Why the fuck am I going to pay money to watch the pilot for a series that makes no sense in the context of Battlestar Galactica?

DisturbedPervert

I think I'll pass. 

dps

In my experience, the only thing less likely than a sequel to be a good viewing experience is a prequel.

Martinus

I heard it will contain more TEH GHEY (tm).

Grallon

Since a version will no doubt be available on torrent tomorrow I'll have a look.  Although considering SciFi's history with horrendous scheduling, I'm dubious about boarding that train to see it drawn out of all shape.  Still it might be good.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Cerr

Quote from: Grallon on April 21, 2009, 09:43:51 AM
Since a version will no doubt be available on torrent tomorrow I'll have a look.  Although considering SciFi's history with horrendous scheduling, I'm dubious about boarding that train to see it drawn out of all shape.  Still it might be good.

G.
It was leaked about a week ago. Apparently it's pretty good.

Neil

Point 1:  Starbuck is a man.  Fuck all of you.

Point 2:  After the series ended so badly, I'm surprised to see the usual suspects lining up for another shot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

vinraith

BSG started off as among the most promising SF shows I've ever seen, and by its ending had managed to drag the entire series down to a spot somewhere below Voyager on my all-time SF show list. Why on Earth would I want to go through that again?

Grallon

Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 10:42:24 AM
BSG started off as among the most promising SF shows I've ever seen, and by its ending had managed to drag the entire series down to a spot somewhere below Voyager on my all-time SF show list. Why on Earth would I want to go through that again?

Because it's a different beast altogether.  And because for all its faults in the end, BSG remain one the best thing to have aired on TV.  Finally rejecting something unknown out of hand is... unworthy of an inquisitive mind such as yours  ;)  But then again you're entirely free to deprive yourself *shrug*

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Tamas