News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Caprica

Started by Grallon, April 21, 2009, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

I guess the thing about Caprica is that, well, it makes no fucking sense. Clearly it's going to be about the birth of humanoid Cylons, but we know where they came from, a bunch of people who have a starship that travels at relativistic speeds yet also somehow travels faster than light.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 21, 2009, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 21, 2009, 12:39:33 PMIt seems to not jibe with any of the BSG storylines, but I liked it anyway. Centurions talk like Centurions! :w00t:

BSG storylines don't jibe with BSG storylines.
Yes.  That is the saddest thing of all. 
PDH!

Josquius

I still must say Voyager was my favourite Trek series as a kid.
True I was a kid so had different likes but still...Its not not bad.

QuoteI guess the thing about Caprica is that, well, it makes no fucking sense. Clearly it's going to be about the birth of humanoid Cylons, but we know where they came from, a bunch of people who have a starship that travels at relativistic speeds yet also somehow travels faster than light.
Duh. Don't you know anything? ALL prequels have time travel :p

QuoteBSG solved that problem by having a token episode about using spare parts to build a super spy ship (to boost the fighter capacity) and then once it was destroyed, there was no longer an issue about too few fighters.
Didn't Peagasus show up in the meantime though? (can't remember)
██████
██████
██████

vinraith

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2009, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2009, 11:37:41 AM
Indeed.  And shuttle craft were the children of the god, a new one being born each week.

BSG solved that problem by having a token episode about using spare parts to build a super spy ship (to boost the fighter capacity) and then once it was destroyed, there was no longer an issue about too few fighters.

As Tyr points out, they picked up a lot of fighters from Pegasus, and Pegasus had a fighter manufactory on board. The problem should have re-emerged late in the show, though. Still, in a show with that many glaring plot holes, it's a pretty minor one.

vinraith

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2009, 11:13:41 AM
Voyager is god!
God-awful.

Indeed, but hilariously aware of it at times. Bottom-of-the-barrel Trek at it's "finest." Trivially the worst of the franchise, though.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 01:45:10 PM
Voyager is god!
God-awful.

Indeed, but hilariously aware of it at times. Bottom-of-the-barrel Trek at it's "finest." Trivially the worst of the franchise, though.
If it had more humorous and self-aware of its own ridiculousness like SG-1 or Buffy I'd have enjoyed it more.  It was never able to rise above banal and bland however, thanks to the two B's.
PDH!

Faeelin

Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on April 21, 2009, 01:06:33 PM
I guess the thing about Caprica is that, well, it makes no fucking sense. Clearly it's going to be about the birth of humanoid Cylons, but we know where they came from, a bunch of people who have a starship that travels at relativistic speeds yet also somehow travels faster than light.

As Tyr points out, they picked up a lot of fighters from Pegasus, and Pegasus had a fighter manufactory on board. The problem should have re-emerged late in the show, though. Still, in a show with that many glaring plot holes, it's a pretty minor one.

I think you quoted the wrong person.  ;)

Martinus

I find it funny how two jaded "I've-seen-it-all" misantropes are fighting tooth and nail over which of two relatively childish shows about aliens wearing silly costumes (Babylon V vs. BSG) is better.

I think people should kill themselves by the time they become like that.

vinraith

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 21, 2009, 01:47:55 PM
Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 01:45:10 PM
Voyager is god!
God-awful.

If it had more humorous and self-aware of its own ridiculousness like SG-1 or Buffy I'd have enjoyed it more.  It was never able to rise above banal and bland however, thanks to the two B's.

I would agree that its quality would have improved the more of that it contained.

vinraith

Quote from: Faeelin on April 21, 2009, 02:02:52 PM
I think you quoted the wrong person.  ;)

Yup, don't know how that happened. Fixed. :)

I Killed Kenny

I saw it one week ago.

Comments:

They explain the "centurion 1 god religion", that is good.
I liked the acting, not *good* but good enough.
They continued the "OH MY GOD CHARACTERS" way of telling a story.
They put teenagers was the center of the action :bleeding:
We did not see any action (well a centurion for 2minutes does not count) :(
I liked the race/religion issues.
I liked seeing Caprica before the fall feeling, all the tecnology vs no tecnology we see in BSG.

I hope they close this arc soon and start seeing some battles or else it will suck...

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grallon on April 21, 2009, 08:39:27 AM
or SyFy by then I guess

Wait what?  What the hell is this? 

Grinning_Colossus

The Sci-fi Channel is temporary renaming itself Syfy to raise awareness of the Syphilis epidemic in Eastern Europe. 
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Neil

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 21, 2009, 05:24:06 PM
The Sci-fi Channel is temporary renaming itself Syfy to raise awareness of the Syphilis epidemic in Eastern Europe.
I think that syfy is referring to the syphilis-induced dementia that has afflicted the General Electric suits who thought that Syfy would be a good name for a network.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.