Another Iranian Nuclear Scientist Assassinated

Started by Jacob, July 23, 2011, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle-east/official-news-agency-says-iranian-scientist-assassinated-in-tehran/2011/07/23/gIQAXNp7UI_story.html

Another motorcycle drive-by shooting.

Stuxnet, several high-profile assassinations... someone really has it in for the Iranian nuclear program.

Razgovory

What a terrible shame.  I'm surprised they haven't put everyone with nuclear experience in closed towns,  Of course, that may be what the assassins want.  If you force the Iranians to put all their people at a Los Alamos type place a few airstrikes can wipe them all out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

This is too much like murder.  If you have a problem with Iran, you terror bomb its cities.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

You kill too many hotties if you terror bomb them.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 02:15:59 PM
:Joos

Possibly, it could be lots of people.  The US, the British, the Saudis... There are many who don't want to see Iran go nuclear.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2011, 04:33:57 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 02:15:59 PM
:Joos

Possibly, it could be lots of people.  The US, the British, the Saudis... There are many who don't want to see Iran go nuclear.

I thought the US did not do assassinations these days.

Jacob

Do the Saudis ever pull clever black ops? I can't recall ever hearing of any....

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2011, 04:57:38 PM
Do the Saudis ever pull clever black ops? I can't recall ever hearing of any....

If they did, you wouldn't. :shifty:

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2011, 04:57:38 PM

Well you wouldn't would you.  :ph34r:

edit:
one of their cleverest moves was to put 16-17 suicide hijackers on some aircraft and avoid any blame for the consequences.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 04:36:41 PM

Not that we publicize at any rate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 23, 2011, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 23, 2011, 04:36:41 PM

Not that we publicize at any rate.

Well, I thought Obama gave an order to stop any assassinations (or was it still Bush? I think it was reported). So I assume they would stick to it - otherwise, why give the order at all, since it's not like it is being publicized, as you say?

Admiral Yi

There's a post-Bay of Pigs presidential order to not assassinate any foreign head of government.  Other than that I've never heard of any no assassination order.  Last time I checked we were assassinating folks in Pakistan and Yemen by the car load.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2011, 04:09:22 PM
You kill too many hotties if you terror bomb them.

Do you know how many potential AV idols died in 1945?  Dear God, I might have to reevaluate my belief system. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)