Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: dps on July 30, 2011, 01:59:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 29, 2011, 06:09:39 PM

The Polish police do not speak foreign languages. All they heard was bork bork bork.

Bet most of 'em don't even read and right Polish, either.
As a popular joke goes, Polish policemen always travel in twos, because one of them can read and the other one can write.

Richard Hakluyt

Back in communist days, I was told, the Czech police always travelled in groups of three. One to read, one to write and the third to keep an eye on the two intellectuals.

Slargos

*groan*

"Unusually high amounts of traffic may have saved a lot of lives"

SV is going to milk that for all it's worth.

"What? Improve infrastructure? DO YOU WANT TO LET THE RACISTS WIN?"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2011, 04:26:34 PM

The Polish police do not speak foreign languages. All they heard was bork bork bork.

As a popular joke goes, Polish policemen always travel in twos, because one of them can read and the other one can write.

Who screws in the lightbulb?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2011, 05:04:04 PM

The German.

Slargos

Quote from: citizen k on July 30, 2011, 05:21:31 PM

The German.

Do they even make Germans that small?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on July 30, 2011, 05:45:15 PM
Quote from: citizen k on July 30, 2011, 05:21:31 PM

The German.

Do they even make Germans that small?

The Japs might. They are good at shrinking stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Arbeiderpartiet is up 10% points in the latest polls. Quite the windfall.  :hmm:

Cecil

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 01:53:28 PM
Arbeiderpartiet is up 10% points in the latest polls. Quite the windfall.  :hmm:

Probably soft numbers though. Lucky for them the election isnt that far away well at least we on the other side of the border stand to benefit from the leftist usual overspending.

In other words about 100 syrians were shot to death during the last 24 hours. Think we´ll have a silent minute for them tomorrow?  :lol:

Slargos

I expect Reinfeldt to drop his vacation plans, dammit.  :mad:

Legbiter

Ah, so I'm back in Iceland. My wife's sister lost one classmate and the Sami cultural festival I was at (Riddu riddu) got cancelled, largely due to the fact that the daughter of one of the main organizers was shot and is in intensive care.  :( :mad:

Can't say I blame them.

The Norwegians have tremendously impressed me with their response to this act of terrorism.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on July 31, 2011, 09:19:23 PMThe Norwegians have tremendously impressed me with their response to this act of terrorism.

I know you've probably mentioned it in earlier posts, but it's always nice to focus on positives: how has the Norwegian response impressed you?

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on July 31, 2011, 11:33:42 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on July 31, 2011, 09:19:23 PMThe Norwegians have tremendously impressed me with their response to this act of terrorism.

I know you've probably mentioned it in earlier posts, but it's always nice to focus on positives: how has the Norwegian response impressed you?

Well initially they harrassed nearby muslims, then they demanded that peaceful immigration sceptics remove themselves from the political process, then they declared that norway would never be the same without suggesting what might change and then declared that what was needed was more democracy and more openness, naturally without suggesting that anybody before the massacre held the opinion that we could have more democracy and openness if we wanted but we didn't need it.

Basically norway has decended into tropes and have consistently sought emotionally satisfying reactions rather than analytically sound and constructive reactions.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on August 01, 2011, 12:24:47 AMWell initially they harrassed nearby muslims, then they demanded that peaceful immigration sceptics remove themselves from the political process, then they declared that norway would never be the same without suggesting what might change and then declared that what was needed was more democracy and more openness, naturally without suggesting that anybody before the massacre held the opinion that we could have more democracy and openness if we wanted but we didn't need it.

Basically norway has decended into tropes and have consistently sought emotionally satisfying reactions rather than analytically sound and constructive reactions.

Ah. So sarcasm.