News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I don't have particularly high hopes for the Danish team this Euro, but we do have this Euro-final-round-track:

Syt

:D

Though it seems somewhat inspired by Electric Callboy's We got the moves: https://youtu.be/D1NdGBldg3w :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

On Swedish football. Apparently malmö are playing in an interesting way. Resembling schoolboys crowding around the ball rather than a modern team. And it's working.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josquius on June 05, 2024, 12:36:40 PMResembling schoolboys crowding around the ball

Do they play like Young Boys?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

So can we all agree Southgate's days are numbered unless he wins the Euros?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2024, 03:42:04 PMSo can we all agree Southgate's days are numbered unless he wins the Euros?

Potentially the same for Hjulmand in Denmark. Lots of criticism about relying on the same core of players.

Barrister

In friendlies, Canada loses 4-0 to Netherlands yesterday.  Has another friendly against France on Sunday, before playing Argentina in the Copa America June 20.

Does Canada score a single goal in the next two games?  I'm thinking not.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2024, 03:42:04 PMSo can we all agree Southgate's days are numbered unless he wins the Euros?

Probably. Things do seem to have grown stale. I expect he himself is looking for a change too.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Speaking of friendlies, Denmark beat the ancestral enemy 2-1 recently.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2024, 04:15:51 PMIn friendlies, Canada loses 4-0 to Netherlands yesterday.  Has another friendly against France on Sunday, before playing Argentina in the Copa America June 20.

Does Canada score a single goal in the next two games?  I'm thinking not.

Probably not, especially if Davies looks again that uncommitted.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Other friendlies:

France-Canada ended 0-0 yesterday night.

Earlier on, Croatia beat Portugal 2-1.
A deserved win.

:hmm:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Wonder how that work with Newcastle Utd
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

They're the Saudi sovereign wealth fund - so different. I think Forest are also owned by a Saudi royal.
Let's bomb Russia!