News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2022, 10:51:15 AMI hate what I hate and the Portugal national football team is #2 on that list.

Damn, can't even make number 1? That's even more insulting :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Threviel

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2022, 10:51:15 AMI hate what I hate and the Portugal national football team is #2 on that list.

Are you leaving room for Spain at the top or what's number one?

Duque de Bragança

Grey Fox

Quote from: Threviel on November 24, 2022, 10:59:13 AM

Soccer wise, #1 is Italy.
All Sports wise, it's the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2022, 11:09:23 AM

Leafs? That's like picking on the handicapped. They're not going to win anything.  :D

I approve of the Italy hate though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Well, Ghana is just here for the tie, so the Selecção will have to attack more.

Threviel

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2022, 11:09:23 AM

I went from despising Italy to liking/low-key supporting them in 2006, either they stopped playing like bastards or everyone else caught up. That glorious semi-final against Germany made it for me.

The glorious English tears last EC wasn't bad either.

Duque de Bragança

First Ronaldo goal cancelled. Golden dive for the former Gold Coast team.  :P

Duque de Bragança

First half dominated by Portugal but not too many chances, goal cancelled notwithstanding.
Knowing Fernando Santos he will only try to fix the team in a more attacking way in the last 15 minutes, possibly later, as in too late.

Josephus

Is it just me or have today's games been dull-o-ramas
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 24, 2022, 11:50:22 AMFirst half dominated by Portugal but not too many chances, goal cancelled notwithstanding.
Knowing Fernando Santos he will only try to fix the team in a more attacking way in the last 15 minutes, possibly later, as in too late.

Ghana is going to play defensive, portugal will push too much at the end for a goal, fuck up, and get scored on. It's the way.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2022, 12:04:23 PMIs it just me or have today's games been dull-o-ramas

Didn't see the Swiss win, but at least in the korea game both teams were trying, if Ineffectively.

Duque de Bragança

Penalty for Portugal, and Penaldo scored.  :P
First player to score in 5 different world cups.
Still one goal behind Eusébio however, who scored all 9 in the same world cup.

Same foul more or less as before the cancelled goal for Portugal in the first half. The former should have been granted IMO but the referee played compensation I guess.

HVC

Light penalty, but it counters the bad call earlier.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."