And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Come on you plucky little Canadians!

HVC

Guess they subbed in two guys to rough Canada up. Time to bring out the hockey sticks.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Canada are very good on the press, superb in midfield and on the counter but awful in the final third.

Belgium have squandered their golden generation and look like England were at a similar stage one the early 2000s

Grey Fox

Well, that is the worse result possible. A loss without any goals scored. ☹️
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Bah - by all accounts a really strong game by Canada, but still left with the team never scoring any World Cup goals in history.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Well done Canada, very attractive football. I just hope they didn't burn themselves out in this first match.

Zoupa

They ran out of steam a little at the end, but overall what a strong game. They really were all over Belgium.

Real shame. :cry:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on November 23, 2022, 02:45:57 PMCanada bodied Belgium for 45 minutes, wasted so many chances and Belgians scored on their only chance of the 1st half.

Football sucks sometimes.

Belgium sound like Conte's Tottenham  :nelson:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Anyway, I think Canada have a decent chance of making it out of the group. Play with that energy versus Croatia and I think you can get 3 points.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Are all the refs for a WC chosen from the league (conference? continent? pool? division?) of the host country?

Admiral Yi

Not a lot of Frenchy names on the Canucklehead side.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2022, 08:04:54 PMNot a lot of Frenchy names on the Canucklehead side.

3 are from Québec.

James Pantemis
Samuel Piette
Ismaël Koné

Which is probably a record.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

The Moroccan keeper was born in Montreal, now that it's mentioned. No idea if he was ever approached to play for Canada.

mongers

That 2nd goal for Japan looks like a contender for goal of the tournament?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza