News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

I read somewhere that this WC has costed as much as several of the last few ones put together. When you have to build almost everything from scratch I guess that costs just pile up...

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 03:09:33 PMHey duque, Eustáquio is playing well, don't you think :D

*edit* I jinxed him.

Missed the game sorry, I am not exactly in World Cup mood, despite my previous posts. Lots of games not free to watch except  :pirate.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on November 24, 2022, 08:08:39 AMI read somewhere that this WC has costed as much as several of the last few ones put together. When you have to build almost everything from scratch I guess that costs just pile up...

The Russian World Cup was the most expensive to date with some graft of course, but the figures for the Wahhabi tournament are crazy.

HVC

]

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 24, 2022, 08:24:18 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 03:09:33 PMHey duque, Eustáquio is playing well, don't you think :D

*edit* I jinxed him.

Missed the game sorry, I am not exactly in World Cup mood, despite my previous posts. Lots of games not free to watch except  :pirate.

You're forgiven, this time :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 24, 2022, 08:33:23 AM]

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 24, 2022, 08:24:18 AM

*edit* I jinxed him.

You're forgiven, this time :P

And the other Portuguese, playing for Chaves (that's not far from Bragança just in case), as Eustáquio used to ? Steven Vitória. He is a bit of penalty shooter, could have mattered yesterday.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Korea holding his own  :hmm: vs Uruguay. Bento has improved a lot from his last days as coach of Portugal.

Duque de Bragança

Of course, Uruguay just hit the post afterwards. They might snatch a win on garra and experience in the end.

Only 1 minute of stoppage time for the firt half: robbery!

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on November 24, 2022, 08:03:20 AM

This seems a tad expensive.

Yeah, 3/4 of the SA cost was probably Shakira's performance fee.

edit:
to be serious I've heard the Qatar figure is around $200 billion, but that includes new train lines, motorways and what amounts to a new city or two, so a big chunk of that isn't even legacy like the 8 new stadia?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Korean team a bit tired with Uruguay dominating and getting some chances but not enough, yet.

Duque de Bragança

Uruguay hit again the woodwork, second time of this game. Now unto the stoppage time (7 mins) and Korea almost scored afterwards.  :hmm:

A tie would be fair I guess.

Duque de Bragança

Seemed like a dive to get a free kick to avoid a last attack by Uruguay as the finishing move of the game.

All in all, a tie does seem fair however, another goalless one.

Grey Fox

And now we all become Ghanaians.

#Sorry, not sorry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 24, 2022, 10:28:58 AMAnd now we all become Ghanaians.

#Sorry, not sorry.

Une belle petite rancœur recuite, ou amertume, de footix. :)

Enfin, ça a porté chance en 2016.  :P

Grey Fox

I hate what I hate and the Portugal national football team is #2 on that list.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.