News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[SPOILERS] A Dance With Dragons

Started by Viking, July 12, 2011, 03:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 11, 2011, 05:32:10 PM
So, this Brynden dude that is a 3 eyed crow greenseer, I bet he is an Stark.
I always thought the 3-eyed-crow was one of the children of the forest.
How come so many Starks are skinchangers and greenseer?

—THE THREE-EYED CROW, also called THE LAST GREEN-SEER, sorcerer and dreamwalker, once a
man of the Night's Watch named BRYNDEN, now more tree than man,
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2011, 05:54:24 PM

—THE THREE-EYED CROW, also called THE LAST GREEN-SEER, sorcerer and dreamwalker, once a
man of the Night’s Watch named BRYNDEN, now more tree than man,

And? Since when being of the Nightwatch is oppoussed to being an Stark?
I bet he is an Stark, Bran's great great grandfather, possibly.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 11, 2011, 05:57:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2011, 05:54:24 PM

man of the Night's Watch named BRYNDEN, now more tree than man,

And? Since when being of the Nightwatch is oppoussed to being an Stark?
I bet he is an Stark, Bran's great great grandfather, possibly.

I didn't disagree with you.. I just gave you Bryndens reference in the appendix. The Wiki Article for ADWD has more info, some of it speculative.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

We really ought to live this up, since we are unlikely to have a thread like this for half a decade.  I wonder if Languish will even be there by then.  I think there are less then 50 regular posters anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Brynden is not a Stark. He is a bastard born member of a very prominent family though. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HisMajestyBOB

I thought he was explicitly mentioned as a Stark. Brynden Stark.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 11, 2011, 07:48:09 PM

No, Bran says he has an uncle Brynden (the Blackfish), Lord Brynden then suggests that the Blackfish might be named after himself.

he seems most likely to be

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2011, 08:14:02 PM

No, Bran says he has an uncle Brynden (the Blackfish), Lord Brynden then suggests that the Blackfish might be named after himself.

Why do Albinos become badasses in Fantasy?  When in reality they just die early or are eaten by Africans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 08:44:48 PM

Why do Albinos become badasses in Fantasy?  When in reality they just die early or are eaten by Africans.

Michael Moorcock sez so.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

It's not just likely, he is quite clearly Bloodraven.

Josquius

I finished it and...yeah. Dissapointing. Especially if its another 5 years for the next one.
Little closure on Bran despite a heavy feeling of bad things, Rickon has vanished from the face of the earth, etc..

And is the Dornish knot that caused GRRM such trouble the guy wanting to marry Dani? Weird that conclusion would take so long....
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 11, 2011, 08:53:35 PM

Michael Moorcock sez so.

Even when I was 13 I could recognize that he was a shit writer.  I'm not even talking about plot and characterization but simply the ability to string words together and make them aesthetically pleasing.

Gups

Finished it a couple of weeks ago. Marginally worse that AFFC. Although there were a few good chapters, it was just tedious even the Tyrion bits. Not only that but Martin's writing is getting worse. I want to kick his fat arse every time he writes nuncle, much and more or little and less.

Unless the next one gets rave reviews (and the publishers pay out for an editor), I'm done with the series.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on August 12, 2011, 03:10:20 AM
Finished it a couple of weeks ago. Marginally worse that AFFC. Although there were a few good chapters, it was just tedious even the Tyrion bits. Not only that but Martin's writing is getting worse. I want to kick his fat arse every time he writes nuncle, much and more or little and less.

Unless the next one gets rave reviews (and the publishers pay out for an editor), I'm done with the series.

I was seriously, seriously getting tired of that words are wind expression. He used it like two hundred times.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2011, 02:29:45 AM
Rickon has vanished from the face of the earth, etc..
Wasn't Davos sent to fetch him from some bad place? He's probably on Skagos.