News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Sunshine-Apocalypse in Blighty, the local forecast for Sunday is for 15 hours 40 minutes of Sunshine!!!   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Lovely weather today. Supposed to be beach weather tomorrow! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Horrible hot weather forecasted all week :(

lustindarkness

It sure was hot today,  the plan was to fish,  but we ended swimming in the lake.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Lovely English early summer's today here.  :bowler:

Liep

It's nice and warm, and you almost can't hear the metro building site from our roof terrace. But the school next door is quite loud, how does teachers survive in all that noise and shouting?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Warm and muggy at 7 am in May.  :yuk:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Mild, largely overcast, occasional hints of drizzle, yes folks it's a tradition English late spring day.  :bowler:

Valmy

It was cloudy and rainy during my entire vacation this weekend.  I thought this must be what England would be like if it was about 20F hotter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2014, 04:59:56 PM
It was cloudy and rainy during my entire vacation this weekend.  I thought this must be what England would be like if it was about 20F hotter.

Rainy is too definitive a state to be truly English, also needs more, finer gradations of state. 

It was ok, a cooler day than recent, but still firmly in the mid-60s and likely to go no lower than 55F overnight.

Are you saying it was in the mid-80s during you're 'depressing' weekend?

Valmy

It was not depressing at all I  had a marvelous time.  Just because it reminded me of 80F England  :bowler: does not mean it was depressing.

And it never actually rained full bore until we got home.  It was sorta drizzled and looked gray.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2014, 05:05:49 PM
It was not depressing at all I  had a marvelous time.  Just because it reminded me of 80F England  :bowler: does not mean it was depressing.

And it never actually rained full bore until we got home.  It was sorta drizzled and looked gray.

Sorry, I was just assuming Americans expect 'decent' weather on vacation.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on May 27, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

For Texas this time of year that is decent weather.  What you dread is lugging your kids around in brutal humid heat.  THE YELLOW FACE BURNS US PRECIOUS!

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2014, 05:10:22 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 27, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

For Texas this time of year that is decent weather.  What you dread is lugging your kids around in brutal humid heat.  THE YELLOW FACE BURNS US PRECIOUS!

Yeah, I can see that would be hell on a couple of levels.

Incidentally I live in the sunnies region of England, it just hasn't been so this year.

MadBurgerMaker

Doh!  Tornado warning that includes the little town right down the road from me (Helotes, TX).  Nice knowing you guys.

E:  Oh sweet,  the warning text my work sent out got weirdly cut off in the middle of a sentence.  Maybe a tornado mowed the place down and I have a few days off?