News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Warming up here in Southern England; once I got inland today and away from the sea breezer, it was in the low 80s, though not humid.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

The inside of my house is finally starting to warm up. Before it would be warm or even hot outside, and I'd be outside and feeling the heat, but after going inside after a while I'd have to put on a sweatshirt to warm up!

garbon

Lovely here at the beach. Perhaps a bit chilly in house but that's why I need this work day to go faster so I can chill outside.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

It won't stop raining long enough to let me drive around with the roof off. :mad:  I prefer drought conditions. 

Quote from: mongers on May 28, 2014, 08:50:45 AM
Did you survive? :unsure:

Quote from: ValmyWas there: a culling of Helotes?

E: Ok if that town actually gets flattened I am a monster.

:lol:  Oh right.  Like 15 minutes after I posted that, the warning went away, it stopped even sprinkling, and it was pretty much a perfect day outside.  The tornadoes and hail and shit happened south of me/Helotes. 

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 09, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
Humidity is always problem.

It's the reason why that in the world of Ice & Snow, where it snows in the middle of April, I've started to use my AC in the middle of May.

Humidity is the Devil :angry:

85F should be perfectly bearable, but with humidity it can be flipping nasty.  Like it is here right now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

It's cold as fuck here.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2014, 04:36:33 AM
It's cold as fuck here.

Rather hot here in central southern England today.  :bowler:

mongers

Had our first rain in 22 days.   un- :bowler:

Savonarola

First named tropical storm of the season, Arthur:

It formed about 80 miles off of Vero Beach so we got some heavy but brief rain from this.  We might get some more storms today, but that's about it.  Does anyone on the forum live in the cone?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

I'm so fucking sick of this bullshit 93-feels-like-99 mid-Atlantic summers that last until October.

Peedy, hook up the spare room.  Fuck, I'll settle for the sofa.

Grey Fox

Make it happen! Make it happen!

I want to move to Sept-Ile for the same reasons.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

As horrible as the past few days have been, that front that moved in last night is going to grace us with a high of just 85 today, and highs of *76* for both tomorrow and Friday. 

Camping out tomorrow night at the brewery (second annual brewery campout) & might need to bring a sweatshirt.  Gearing up to be the nicest 4th of July evah.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Brazen

It's forecast to get up to 35C (95F) by the end of the month, which is hellish for a country that doesn't believe in domestic air conditioning. Must get some pet mesh for the windows so I can open the damn things more than a crack.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Brazen on July 02, 2014, 09:31:43 AM
It's forecast to get up to 35C (95F) by the end of the month, which is hellish for a country that doesn't believe in domestic air conditioning. Must get some pet mesh for the windows so I can open the damn things more than a crack.

:huh: You have no mesh? What about insects?

Also you can buy a domestic air conditioning unit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 02, 2014, 09:31:43 AM

:huh: You have no mesh? What about insects?

Also you can buy a domestic air conditioning unit.

Generally not an issue here.

Aircon not the done thing.  :bowler:

Also probably often against tenancy/leasehold ownership limitations.