News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'd like run you people over with my snowblower.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Still mild and damp/wet here, though we didn't have any rain during daylight today.  :yeah:

But there was a thunderstorm at 6am.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Dodged the snow where I am in Eastern Massachusetts. Further west and north got a lot of snow. Though we had very heavy rains all night and into late morning, and if that were snow instead I'd think we would have gotten up to a foot of snow or more. Very slight leakage in my basement, just one place has a small thin trickle of dampness going down the wall, in the same place that it usually happens in when it does occur, which isn't for most rain storms.

merithyn

Quote from: KRonn on December 27, 2012, 01:51:44 PM
Dodged the snow where I am in Eastern Massachusetts. Further west and north got a lot of snow. Though we had very heavy rains all night and into late morning, and if that were snow instead I'd think we would have gotten up to a foot of snow or more. Very slight leakage in my basement, just one place has a small thin trickle of dampness going down the wall, in the same place that it usually happens in when it does occur, which isn't for most rain storms.

NOTE TO SELF: If move to Boston-area imminent, rent a place in the north and west.

Check!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

NOTE TO SELF: Stay on opposite side of country from Meri.

Check!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

We had some decent snowfall on Xmas eve and the day after Xmas, but were supposed to really get banged in the chops on Saturday.

Goddamn, the Jeep is fun to drive in the snow.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 02:10:27 PM
NOTE TO SELF: If move to Boston-area imminent, rent a place in the north and west.

Check!
Moving to Boston will be a good way to get you to hate snow. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2012, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 02:10:27 PM

Check!
Moving to Boston will be a good way to get you to hate snow. :)

How so?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2012, 12:13:47 PM
I'd like run you people over with my snowblower.

I have an 8 feet wind built snow tower between my door & the world, help!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 27, 2012, 04:37:41 PM
I have an 8 feet wind built snow tower between my door & the world, help!

Union members.  :rolleyes:

Grey Fox

I am not part of any union.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Your English has really gotten a lot better Brown Wolf. :cheers:

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 11:21:06 AM
Don't sweat Yi, Meri.  He has to walk uphill both ways in Iowa during blizzard tornadoes.  I wouldn't dig snow so much in Iowa, either.

Walking up an Iowa Hill is not much of a hassle.  It's pretty indistinguishable from walking down an Iowa hill.

Personally I've always had a dislike of having my car slide into other cars because of bad road conditions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
Drive better. :mellow:

Having other people slide their cars into mine is hardly an improvement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017