And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: merithyn on January 17, 2013, 02:08:54 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 17, 2013, 01:48:42 PM
Snow in B,ham AL, its the end of the world.

'Cause it finally snowed in hell? :unsure:

We could say that.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Temps back up into the 70s.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: merithyn on January 17, 2013, 12:55:50 PM
Can I come visit next winter from, say, Mid-November through Mid-March? Please? I'll cook. :)

We only get this amount of snow every couple years or so. In a week or two it'll probably all be gone again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2013, 04:31:00 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 17, 2013, 12:55:50 PM
Can I come visit next winter from, say, Mid-November through Mid-March? Please? I'll cook. :)

We only get this amount of snow every couple years or so. In a week or two it'll probably all be gone again.

:weep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

You should try moving in with Katmai.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2013, 05:25:41 PM

Chicka chicka boom boom, will there be enough room?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2013, 05:25:41 PM

We'd kill each other in less than 24 hours. No amount of snow is worth mandatory life.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

It's too fucking cold here. -5 to -10C for the next week. :cry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Odd question but what is the point on weather of last night and day as high and lo if they aren't actually the highs and los? Weather currently says low of -2 and yet it is currently -3 and prediction has several hours of -4.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2013, 03:36:54 AM
Odd question but what is the point on weather of last night and day as high and lo if they aren't actually the highs and los? Weather currently says low of -2 and yet it is currently -3 and prediction has several hours of -4.

It's because of the metric system, you wouldn't understand.  :P

Richard Hakluyt

Or it may be because of the Eurozone; so it is actually -10 in, say Bavaria, but you have to pretend that it is a low of -2 as it is actually 15 in Athens  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on January 18, 2013, 05:08:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2013, 03:36:54 AM

It's because of the metric system, you wouldn't understand.  :P

In the metric system you say something is a low even when it isn't? ;)

Very light snow flurries in Paris now. Glad to have spent morning inside the Louvre. :D

Brazen

Snowing enough to settle in central London and apparently quite deep out where I live. Cue an hour of "Yay snow!" followed by hours of "fucking snow stopping me getting home on a Friday evening!"