News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2023-2024

Started by grumbler, June 11, 2023, 08:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on January 08, 2024, 11:09:21 PMCongrats Michigan! Hell of a season!

Texas will see you in Ann Arbor in September!

Hell of a season for your guys, as well.  You and I didn't get the final matchup we wanted, but we'll get that matchup in 2024 and 2027.  I suspect those will be two very different teams in September.

Alabama is the only one of the final four that doesn't get to play the others in the 2024 regular season.

But Those Who Stay were, indeed, finally champions.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

I was also astonished by the constant poor-mouthing of Michigan by all those so-called "Sports Journalists."  ESPN's survey of 48 prominent sports journalists had 32 of them predict a Washington win, and it was worse against Alabama (though no one predicted a 63-14 loss like the SEC Network host).  I mean, WTF?  Don't those sports "journalists" know anything about sports?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Yes, we broke Saban.  :P

Michigan also ended up featuring in the #1 most-watched college football game (the Rose Bowl), #2 (the CF Championship Game), and #3 (The Game).  The talking heads don't respect Michigan, but people sure do like to watch them play.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2024, 11:09:11 PMYes, we broke Saban.  :P

Michigan also ended up featuring in the #1 most-watched college football game (the Rose Bowl), #2 (the CF Championship Game), and #3 (The Game).  The talking heads don't respect Michigan, but people sure do like to watch them play.

Any school outside the SEC SEC SEC is upsetting to them.

Which is weird since if the SEC SEC SEC ended up dominating all the time, College Football would die as a national sport. One would think their interests would be to promote the national nature of the sport as much as possible instead of working to make it regional. But here we are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2024, 02:05:44 PMWhich is weird since if the SEC SEC SEC ended up dominating all the time, College Football would die as a national sport. One would think their interests would be to promote the national nature of the sport as much as possible instead of working to make it regional. But here we are.

It's as if a sense of history or long term planning has taken a back seat to the almighty dollar.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2024, 11:09:11 PMYes, we broke Saban.  :P

Yep, I normally don't watch college football but I watched this year because of Michigan. They were fun to watch.

grumbler

After all these (15!) years, someone could finally update this to have a happy ending rather than settling for a mere hopeful one:

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Harbough left for the NFL, Chargers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point